Results 1 to 3 of 3
09-04-2012, 18:32 #1-= TeamSpeak User =-
- Join Date
- Aug 2007
Server Query, Tcadmin, & Permissions
I'm including this message into this board as it pertains to Server Query, Tcadmin, & Permissions, please forgive me if I've gone into the wrong forum or made my question too broad.
I have a problem with a TS3 server that runs on a dedicated server I rent from a datacenter for a non profit organization. During setup, the server actually worked fine for a period of time. I was able to use query services such as tsviewer and gametracker to show channels, users, etc. Now, it is no longer working. I have read, and re-read the below links several times and it seems to me I am 99% sure everything is setup as should be:
Like I said, it did work, then it stopped. Maybe we did something, maybe something happened on the TCADMIN panel we use to admin it. Our host is trying to figure this out as well, but we're part of a group that this company aquired and they are helping us all during transition so it is slower than their usually very good support, which I understand. Meantime I am trying to research this as much as possible to cross T's and dot I's on the problem.
So, we can connect fine, use it, just not query it. I'll admit I'm a ventrilo users and admin for the last 5 years so I am new to TS3, but learning, and possibly over looking something perhaps basic.
From the Tcadmin panel, we have a master server listed, and then one virtual server. From the panel I am unable to even create a new TS3 virtual server, I did create the first one last week obviously, when trying to create the second one it states "Could not log in to teamspeak server". Again, this is running on our dedicated server machine, we rent it, and it sits in a data center, we access it via tcadmin.
Next, our virtual server 1 sits in the tcadmin panel stating it is not running its status is listed as "unknown", but it is, because I am able to login, etc. If I click start, I get a message stating: "Could not connect to TeamSpeak Server: error id= msg=insufficient client permissions"
I don't know if these issues are related. I do not know how having insufficient client permissions on virtual server 1 disallows us from making, for example virtual server 2.
If for some reason I cannot grasp yet it is related to the permissions I have setup in our virtual server, what is the recommeneded way to wipe out the permissions, and rest them to complete default group server permissions WITHOUT deleting the users, channels, anything else we have already configured, IF POSSIBLE?
10-04-2012, 07:53 #2-= TeamSpeak Guru =-
- Join Date
- May 2010
What is the server version ?
Do you check the server log (please post it) ?
11-04-2012, 03:40 #3-= TeamSpeak User =-
- Join Date
- Aug 2007
Unfortunately, I have no further information on this. We completely wiped out the master, and the virtual, Then started over. It came to be that somewhere, somehow, someone changed a password on the master. That killed the TCADMIN interaction. I cannot say with 100% accuracy that is what happened but thats what we were told. So for now, we're back to resetting up our server. Sorry I do not have more information to share.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By kevingib in forum Permission SystemReplies: 4Last Post: 09-07-2011, 17:48
By AlphaWolf in forum Permission SystemReplies: 4Last Post: 14-10-2010, 15:07
By ddvince in forum Permission SystemReplies: 9Last Post: 13-10-2010, 15:31
By markgm5 in forum Permission SystemReplies: 4Last Post: 26-12-2009, 20:47
By RiffRaff in forum Permission SystemReplies: 0Last Post: 21-12-2009, 10:59