Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    

file transfer cross servers doesn't work

Hello, this might be weird request but there goes:

As a user wanting to send other user a file, that I either have to upload it somewhere or it is already uploaded there.
    Now the problem might be that on ts3server we are now using filetransfer is not option for us, so I use the file link from the other ts3server, that contains complete address and all other information that could be needed. Sounds good so far, after checking the link. Now guess what, when user in question tries to download it, it tells him error. The user needs to connect to the ts3server where the file is at first, then the download succeed.

NOW what gives? The link to the file, contains complete address to the ts3server, channel path/id name etc, there is no indication it would not work cross server. So why it doesn't work? Do not tell me that it is a feature with all that info in the link!

Edit: I re-checked it since the first indication was from the user which was trying to download the file. Now when I tried it myself, I additionally got error "invalid channelID" and on server where the file is, it downloads it.
    Last edited by dante696; 19-04-2012 at 13:32. Reason: thread title renamed its no bug

Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    ... The user needs to connect to the ts3server where the file is at first, then the download succeed.

NOW what gives? The link to the file, contains complete address to the ts3server, channel path/id name etc, there is no indication it would not work cross server. So why it doesn't work? Do not tell me that it is a feature with all that info in the link!
    Hello.

Well, you can have a link with all the information related with the transfer but that doesn't mean you got really know the current server password, for example. Then, if you are connected then really you are a real user (validated and with authorization for downloading).

Greetings.

no server password to talk about.
    The only difference is that user had to connect and click on link sent in some of that server chat windows.
    Goes without saying that Guests can download.

I see it as a missing feature and not as a bug.

A second tab is needed to start a filetransfer and the client has to get connected to that server. There is no way around it.
    But maybe the client should ask, if a new server tab to should be opened.

I disagree, that a client never connects to the server, where a file is hosted.
    A real connection should be availbale, when a file was requested.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Please don't send me private messages with support questions as long I or someone else from Teamspeak Staff asked for it.
    Seriously > They belong into the forum and maybe other users have these questions/problems too.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? || Report and upload your Crashdump here
    NPL License (Registration)

Why would I get misleading errors(Invalid channelID) from the client once, and not the second time(on the server where are the files)...
    Didn't captured network to see about connection...

Thread Information