Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    

Requests & Feedback (TS3) Chat & Gen Features

Hi there,

Having just moved from Ventrilo to TS3 we (the server hosts) have been getting feedback from our group of players. So far this is what has been sent to us:

1: lack of being able to see "general chat" from the main room, as well as the room you are in.
    This is a moderation issue. As an Admin & a Business Manager our server currently is used for 3 different things:
    A: Game chat & conversations
    B: Business Development & Customer support
    C: Industry events.
    As a moderator & the business owner, and other members of the admin team, we are often required to be in private rooms or help desks, however we also need to read the general chat - for the general public - or be asked to "sit in" on a text chat from another room, whilst holding our business conversation publically.

I am aware this feature has been declined before - HOWEVER - I do honestly believe that there is a call for it within in the broader TS3 community, and certainly in many Gaming groups & Business groups I (and others) have been a member of. Having access to the general chat, or another room (with suitable account Admin priviledges) would be beneficial for all moderators to have. I am aware that this may add a burden to the server load, however if it's set by permissions, not by "general users" then this would only be accessible by a handful of people.

In a nutshell - Global Admins & trusted mods, need to be able to see what is going on around them, even whilst talking with other mods & operators.

From a gaming perspective - what an incredible opportunity! Especially where there are team events. The teams have their own rooms & their own chats (for those without mics etc) and the Moderators & event coordinators can sit in both the opponents rooms watching the chats - ensuring no cheating scandals.

2: Flashing icons!
    The amount of complaints I have received in the last 24 hours - this is the 2nd biggest one, noone can see if someone else is talking, or even active on the server. Yes, there is a work around about right clicking on them (or clicking) but there are many who would like to see this enabled.

3: No way to seperate the chat windows from the main window.

4: TTS is NOT working as per the FAQ.
    We all get the "someone has sent a message" notification, but the message itself hasn't been read. We have a couple of regular players who are not able to use a microphone, so solely rely on the chat box, and if we're in game (yes, I'm aware there is an overlay, however it causes a "black box" when in FlightSim or using FRAPS) we don't want to have to keep Alt+Tabbing to see what the message is.

5: The good news is - whilst the community prefers Ventrilo for the above reasons, admin seem to like the functionality of the server, they like the clarity, better ping rates & other more cosmetic issues.

In closing, as a Gamer, and a Business Manager, I do enjoy teamspeak, however I would like to have the above issues re-looked at please.

Many thanks,

MW
    AKA: Karen

ps: I am aware some of the requests have been rejected, however some haven't been revisited for some time, and looking at the requests on here & through Google, it may be an idea to relook at the development of these requests.
    :-)

1 & 2. We know, that it is not possible to recieve or send chat or the status of an talking user from and in a channel your client is not present.
    This is a wanted behavior and looks ugly, when all lamps change in all channels other channels
    > This wont be changed!

Optional you can use plugins like that, to start such a conversation.
    http://addons.teamspeak.com/director...GroupChat.html

3. There is another thread for this, but this feature wasn't touched yet. > Suggestion-Chat-Window-Detachment

4. Our TTS offers to say The name of the server, channel and the username. The chat itself is not supported yet.
    We try to add TTS for chat, but i can't say how and when it is done. Maybe we add a plugin from our site.

Internal Ticket ID: TS-956

5. in fact, that users and hosters complained, to have more advanced options in TS3, we decieded, to build that in.
    Better Ping? This is not true anymore. Our ping tests were faster as Ventrillo :-/
    Last edited by dante696; 17-04-2012 at 09:27. Reason: 4. changed
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Please don't send me private messages with support questions as long I or someone else from Teamspeak Staff asked for it.
    Seriously > They belong into the forum and maybe other users have these questions/problems too.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? || Report and upload your Crashdump here
    NPL License (Registration)

i agree with this thread and also on a administration teamspeak

Quote Originally Posted by FSX737200 View Post
    i agree with this thread and also on a administration teamspeak
    This is just a duplicate of other threads...

All of these requests have been answered or rejected before.
    Please don't send me private messages with support questions as long I or someone else from Teamspeak Staff asked for it.
    Seriously > They belong into the forum and maybe other users have these questions/problems too.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? || Report and upload your Crashdump here

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    1 & 2. We know, that it is not possible to recieve or send chat or the status of an talking user from and in a channel your client is not present.
    This is a wanted behavior and looks ugly, when all lamps change in all channels other channels
    > This wont be changed!

Optional you can use plugins like that, to start such a conversation.
    http://addons.teamspeak.com/director...GroupChat.html
    1: It's a valid request and there are many that don't understand why a community chat room isn't always accessible no matter the room you are in elsewhere. I am wondering if it's a "wanted behaviour" it's been dismissed. Is it a coding issue to have this function - that you are always anchored to the main channels chat, unless you close it?

3. There is another thread for this, but this feature wasn't touched yet. > Suggestion-Chat-Window-Detachment
    Thank you, I did post in that thread however the thread was nearly 2 years old, and the last post in January. I had thought to include the question in my list, to add a +1 from a user who accesses the program for both business & pleasure.

4. Our TTS offers to say The name of the server, channel and the username. The chat itself is not supported yet.
    We try to add TTS for chat, but i can't say how and when it is done. Maybe we add a plugin from our site.

Internal Ticket ID: TS-956
    Thank you for letting me know that it is being looked at. It is a valuable service.

5. in fact, that users and hosters complained, to have more advanced options in TS3, we decieded, to build that in.
    Better Ping? This is not true anymore. Our ping tests were faster as Ventrillo :-/
    I should've been more clear - the Ping is much much better. We have a hosting option in Australia and most of our clients & staff are US based and noone has complained. We are certainly impressed by the clarity & performance of the talk engine.

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my enquiries. I would be interested to read more about the implementation of further functions that will help benefit both Business & Gamer groups.

I would also ask about a function to allow a "list" of registered group members. Admin group, mod group & so on in the side banner. One we can either allow to "show the list members" or we can hide. So that way even if Admin or Mods are offline, new users can see who is in charge and so on.

eg:
    Name: xxxxx
    Version:3.0.2 (29/02/12 4:39:32 PM)
    Platform:Linux
    Address: xxxxx.gamespeak.com:xxxxx
    Max Clients:35
    Clients Online:6
    Query Clients Online:0
    Channels Count:26
    Client connections:447
    Query connections:1544
    Server Uptime:3 days 1 hour 40 minutes 34 seconds

Server Admins
    Server Groups
    Server member list

Again, thank you for your time.

MW
    ~Karen

Quote Originally Posted by mistresswitch View Post
    I would also ask about a function to allow a "list" of registered group members. Admin group, mod group & so on in the side banner. One we can either allow to "show the list members" or we can hide. So that way even if Admin or Mods are offline, new users can see who is in charge and so on.

eg:
    Name: xxxxx
    Version:3.0.2 (29/02/12 4:39:32 PM)
    Platform:Linux
    Address: xxxxx.gamespeak.com:xxxxx
    Max Clients:35
    Clients Online:6
    Query Clients Online:0
    Channels Count:26
    Client connections:447
    Query connections:1544
    Server Uptime:3 days 1 hour 40 minutes 34 seconds

Server Admins
    Server Groups
    Server member list
    could you please explain this feature request a little in more detail? what excatly
    you want to see and how you select what you want to see...

Cant this be done by using the channel description?
    One could write the members in question there.

Or allow your users to view servergroups and servergroup-clients ("b_virtualserver_servergroup_list", "b_virtualserver_servergroup_client_list"), that way they can see too who is in which group.

I think the Suggestion is more like listing the Clients of a specific Group that are online right now. So for example listing all Members of the ServerAdmin Group that are online right now.
    Otherwise the second Statement of "seeing who is in charge" wouldn't make all too much sense.

Of course if I am wrong and it was intended for people to see who is in charge of the Server in general then allowing Members (or Guests even) to view the clients in the Servergroups is the easier way to go and already possible. Would just need proper permission setup as already mentioned by Alcazar.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Ludwig View Post
    could you please explain this feature request a little in more detail? what excatly
    you want to see and how you select what you want to see...
    In the upper right corner where our banner is & server details are, I would like to see an inclusive using a checkbox or yes/no query to include/exclude the group names (ranks) and members.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar View Post
    Cant this be done by using the channel description?
    One could write the members in question there.

Or allow your users to view servergroups and servergroup-clients ("b_virtualserver_servergroup_list", "b_virtualserver_servergroup_client_list"), that way they can see too who is in which group.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentStorm View Post
    I think the Suggestion is more like listing the Clients of a specific Group that are online right now. So for example listing all Members of the ServerAdmin Group that are online right now.
    Otherwise the second Statement of "seeing who is in charge" wouldn't make all too much sense.

Of course if I am wrong and it was intended for people to see who is in charge of the Server in general then allowing Members (or Guests even) to view the clients in the Servergroups is the easier way to go and already possible. Would just need proper permission setup as already mentioned by Alcazar.
    I don't know how to do the above. I'm admin - as in old school admin - not server admin! LOL I just pay the bills & tell the guys what needs to be done!

Basically because we have 3 different communities use our server: Flight Sim; Minecraft; Business meetings I want them all to see who actually manages the server, who the moderators are, and what groups are available. Using (as explained above) either a checkbox or yes/no function in the server details banner section.

Arctic, I'm sorry - but I am seriously lost as to the meaning. Can you please explain further?

Many thanks,

MW
    Admin

In my opinion, this is an gui overload :-/

You should create a channel and add your members into the description.
    This is already possible, but not live, when you remove a user out of a group.

It could look like
    Code:
    Admins:
    Killrox
    J.D. Jenkins

Members:

Thread Information