Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post TeamSpeak 3 Client Version 3.0.6 Released

The TeamSpeak development team would like to announce the immediate availability of version 3.0.6 of the TeamSpeak 3 Client. This release contains required changes the lateast TeamSpeak 3 Server releases. In addition, we've continued to make several improvements to streamline usability and functions, such as temporary server passwords and support for animated avatars.

Code:
    === Client Release 3.0.6 20 Apr 2012
    + Added temporary server passwords, see contextmenu on server. Temporary
      passwords are valid for a specified period of time and work in addition to
      the permanent server password. The server requires a permanent passwords
      set, else temporary passwords have no effect. Needs server 3.0.3 or above.
    + Plugin API updated to 16
    + Added context menu "Paste & Send" in chat line.
    + The away message is now shown beside nickname.
    + Added multiselection for "Permissions > Channel Groups > Clients", the DEL
      key works too.
    + Added ban reason sorting.
    + Added line markers for each chat line. Can be disabled via chat display
      context menu (default is enabled).
    + Added ability to delete other clients avatar if b_client_avatar_delete_other
      is set. Requires server 3.0.3 or above.
    + Removed the confusing soundpack "None".
    + Added animated gif support for avatar and channel description. Can be
      toggled in Settings->Options->Design (default is enabled).
    + Added new permission b_client_request_talker, this allows clients to
      request talk power. Requires server 3.0.3 or above.
    + Added news browser, meant to point users to new features in the client.
    * Added name of the user who granted talk power to the message: "Talk power
      granted by X".
    * Utilities (update, error_report and package_installer) are now dynamically
      translatable.
    * Plugin API changes: Added setPluginMenuEnabled, requestClientIDs,
      onClientIDsEvent, onClientIDsFinishedEvent. Removed pluginEvent and
      getAPIVersion. Removed plugin_events.h header.
    * Added plugin hotkeys, see test plugin for details
    * Added version string to uninstall registry entries for display in Windows
      deinstall system control panel.
    * Phonetic name can now be pre- defined per identiy but still be overwritten in
      every bookmark.
    * ts3server:// links can now be entered into the Connect dialog. Values from
      this link will overwrite existing values from the dialog.
    * Collected URLs are now saved in binary file instead of ini, much faster.
    * Display server/channel group icons in group list of permissions window.
    * All clients list can now also be searched by client unique identifier.
    - Fixed contextmenu in chat on ts3server links
    - Fixed opening the privilege key dialog without having the permission to see
      the key list and also then, all created keys will be shown until the dialog
      has been closed or list has been reloaded.
    - Minor UI overhaul of privilege key list and add dialog.
    - Fixed adding a custom ban even without the permission to list. When adding a
      ban a dialog will show if the ban could be inserted.
    - Empty ban list no longer shows "Insufficient permissions to view bans"
    - Fixed opening URLs with different char encoding e.g. ISO 8859-1 (Latin-1) 
      having '%F6' instead of '' in filename.
    - Fixed opening text chat from a received poke on correct server.
    - Fixed no colors in multiline messages.
    - Fixed invitation if privilege key contains a plus sign.
    - Fixed special HTML characters (<, > etc) getting lost in chat history
    - Fixed special HTML characters in client description
    - Clear old server log when connecting to a new server in the server log view
    - Changed behaviour of the last tabs close button.
    - Fixed broken avatar template values.
    - Fixed poke message size limit when message includes URL(s).
    - Fixed writing and reading chatlog history. Please backup or delete old chat
      logs to start clean or you might feel some strange delay.
    - Fixed bookmarks manager reporting unsaved changes.
    - Fixed copying nicknames from chat if they contain whitespaces.
    - Removed some repetitive settings from options dialog which are also
      accessible via contextmenus in the client mainwindow.
    - Adjusted client for anti-flood settings fix for server version 3.0.3.
    - Fixed an assert with animated images.
    - Removed animation of group icons.
    - Sorting of server- and channelgroups should behave the same even with
      identical sortID everywhere in the client.
    - Added Delete keyboard shortcut to subscriptions dialog to remove entries
    - Volume control plugin overhaul
    - Fixed possibly invalid grant value displayed in permission overhaul
    - Removed "Export to PDF" in permission overhaul
    - Cleaned up client, channel and server info templates. Added list of all
      replacable variables to templates so user can easily restore the removed
      information with own templates.
    - Removed clientID column from all-clients list
    - Fixed banners not reloading anymore when the image was not available.
    - Fixed bookmark drag&drop issues on Mac.
    - Fixed crash when trying to send an offline message via fake link.
    - Fixed copy and paste when text contains an image object.
    - Fixed saving first-start-bookmark for not using hotkeys on a temporary uuid.
    - Fixed hotkey toggle/activate/deactivate plugin.
    - Fixed minor issues using animated gifs.
    - Added workaround for G35 sound driver issue (voice only on right site)
    Here's the full change log for version 3.0.6:All users are strongly encouraged to upgrade to version 3.0.6. For source downloads please visit our downloads page, or simply use the auto-update feature through your existing client.

Thank you!

Read more...
    Last edited by ScP; 23-04-2012 at 22:17.

Are we free to discuss this release in here, or will there be a thread for it somewhere? I tried to see if there was one already, but, the 3.0.5 discussion thread was in a forum called "archive", with no 3.0.6 thread sibling to it.

Yes this, thread can be used for discussions.
    -Feature request or sugegstions should be send to our suggestion thread here
    -Bug reports with that client version can be send here and maybe will be moved later into our bug section
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Please don't send me private messages with support questions as long I or someone else from Teamspeak Staff asked for it.
    Seriously > They belong into the forum and maybe other users have these questions/problems too.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? || Report and upload your Crashdump here
    NPL License (Registration)

Okay, thanks. I really just wanted to say that I don't think it's wise to ever remove a feature, because someone likely finds it useful. My staff and I (and even some normal users) frequently used channel IDs and user IDs, AND use custom themes. We either have to sacrifice custom themes, or the ability to click on a user/channel and see its ID. My staff and I use these IDs for permissions, and there are plugins (like the mass mover) that require channel ID as a parameter to mass-move people to a channel, and the removal of this information in an easy to find place makes the software less intuitive. I agree that most normal users probably wouldn't want to see this information, but, considering the large desire for it, I think completely removing it (especially in an attempt to make the application easier to understand) is misguided. I propose having a checkbox for it somewhere (even if it needs to be on the Themes page), or even a simple boolean option in an INI somewhere. Completely removing it, however, causes many inconveniences, and all cannot be solved at once as they are now. :-/

If this post would be more at home in a Suggestions thread, then please feel free to move it. Either way, thanks for your consideration, and thanks for all the other great stuff you guys added in this latest version.

Quote Originally Posted by Mopquill View Post
    Okay, thanks. I really just wanted to say that I don't think it's wise to ever remove a feature, because someone likely finds it useful. My staff and I (and even some normal users) frequently used channel IDs and user IDs, AND use custom themes. We either have to sacrifice custom themes, or the ability to click on a user/channel and see its ID. My staff and I use these IDs for permissions, and there are plugins (like the mass mover) that require channel ID as a parameter to mass-move people to a channel, and the removal of this information in an easy to find place makes the software less intuitive. I agree that most normal users probably wouldn't want to see this information, but, considering the large desire for it, I think completely removing it (especially in an attempt to make the application easier to understand) is misguided. I propose having a checkbox for it somewhere (even if it needs to be on the Themes page), or even a simple boolean option in an INI somewhere. Completely removing it, however, causes many inconveniences, and all cannot be solved at once as they are now. :-/

If this post would be more at home in a Suggestions thread, then please feel free to move it. Either way, thanks for your consideration, and thanks for all the other great stuff you guys added in this latest version.
    If your default theme does not include the clientinfo.tpl or channelinfo.tpl you can copy the TPL files in the default305 folder after installing the theme dante provided to the custom theme's folder to keep that info with the custom theme.

If your theme already included it's own TPL files it should be unaffected by the client update.

Please not another post with My ID etc isnt availbale :-/

Please download this style, if you need these informations.
    http://addons.teamspeak.com/director...ient-Info.html
    Please don't send me private messages with support questions as long I or someone else from Teamspeak Staff asked for it.
    Seriously > They belong into the forum and maybe other users have these questions/problems too.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? || Report and upload your Crashdump here

I think its better to show all informations and add a button in the settings to hide it...

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    If your default theme does not include the clientinfo.tpl or channelinfo.tpl you can copy the TPL files in the default305 folder after installing the theme dante provided to the custom theme's folder to keep that info with the custom theme.

If your theme already included it's own TPL files it should be unaffected by the client update.
    And that doesn't seem like a far more convoluted method for information that used to be there by default? Besides that, I'll have to keep explaining that to my users, rather than them being able to check a box. I do appreciate the help, though. =]

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Please not another post with My ID etc isnt availbale :-/

Please download this style, if you need these informations.
    But, it's something I'm unhappy with. Being that it was a feature that was *in* the program, I see no issue with allowing it to be optional in the next version; there's no good reason to remove a feature entirely, and force users to go out of their way downloading and installing additional files just to get it to work. :-/

Though again, I *do* appreciate that you went through the trouble to upload such a theme.

Quote Originally Posted by X-Ray View Post
    I think its better to show all informations and add a button in the settings to hide it...
    Well, as they have pointed out, it's not something tech-illiterate users would want, and I'm completely fine with it being disabled by default. We should definitely have the option, though.

just use your query client to request the clientinfo, the build is in the format you need there. No need to ask everytime. Also, you are blocking every mobile client from your server if you set it like this.
    Last edited by ScP; 23-04-2012 at 22:16.

Quote Originally Posted by renanwar View Post
    It's to change minimum client requirements to join server.
    Ah, thanks. Wouldn't there be a downside to blocking lower clients, though? Are there any specific client versions that can cause harm by being older, or is just a "better safe than sorry" type of thing? Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    just use your query client to request the clientinfo, the build is in the format you need there. No need to ask everytime. Also, you are blocking every mobile client from your server if you set it like this.
    ...seems important too, though depending on the time of server you run, it may also be your intention.

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    Code:
    === Client Release 3.0.6 20 Apr 2012
    - Added workaround for G35 sound driver issue (voice only on right site)
    Hello,

first thing: I knew this problem, but I haven't got that since a long time.. I don't know what I've done back then to work around that problem.

to my new problem: With the new Client, I don't hear anything (no speech, no soundpack, no TTS), if my G35 is in "surround" mode. I can fix this using the output test at the output options. I haven't tested this at longer time, maybe it must be done all "x" hours as with a bug far back in the beta (it affected only TTS).

I hope this can help anyone with the same problem.

This thread explains the problem with your Logitech device.
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...ar-anything%29

It really looks like the same problem, but it seems not. The checkbox explained is already checked, but I must do the step from my post to hear everything. If I uncheck the checkbox, all sounds where fine after I do this simple step with the output test.
    Maybe its the same source of problem but a tiny difference?
    I'll post my steps in the linked topic, maybe it helps someone with the problem, too.

You seriously removed the users connections from the client info pane, along with first connection date? Seriously why the changes. Like the soundpack options in bookmarks, understandable, but it's buggy.

Enable an option to see a persons first connected date and number of connections in the options please?

In addition, when you search for a client, many tabs are no longer shown. Forgot to fix that!

Also can't easily found out what database entry a person is. Now I have to do unique ID... making adding people to groups much harder.

/me is not please with changes over last versions. /me is also not pleased with attitude of forum members. Probably why this post wont sound so nice....

I've never understood "tick" how do you measure a tick in time? Talking about the anti-flood.

Changes like these I wished were before final, then I wouldn't have wanted to complain like this. I don't think this program is advanced user friendly. It's been dumbed down.

The android version still isn't up to date. Can't force clients to a somewhat modern version, but not like I want clients on 3.0.6 anyway. Your news ticker advertises ts andriod, but such a out of date link

Why not add a box in server group permissions "show advanced perms" instead of making it so impossible to find in options?

What is a tick? How do you measure a tick in time? Talking about antiflood system here.
    Last edited by squirrelof09; 29-04-2012 at 08:51.

Quote Originally Posted by squirrelof09 View Post
    You seriously removed the users connections from the client info pane, along with first connection date? Seriously why the changes.
    Enable an option to see a persons first connected date and number of connections in the options please?

Also can't easily found out what database entry a person is. Now I have to do unique ID... making adding people to groups much harder.

Thread Information