Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    

How comes regular SA can set permission values over 75?

I'm using the default server admin which has a i_permission_modify_power of 75. All grants are also 75.

Yet, I'm able to set some perms like i_group_needed_member_add_power higher than 75, why is that?

There is no permission, that blocks values. We tried to bind the Grant value with the maxvalue for permissions a while ago, but this much to complicated.

This was delayed as a 3.1 Feature and maybe will be included or not
    Internal ticket ID TSSERVER-25
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Please don't send me private messages with support questions as long I or someone else from Teamspeak Staff asked for it.
    Seriously > They belong into the forum and maybe other users have these questions/problems too.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? || Report and upload your Crashdump here
    NPL License (Registration)

Solved Protect me from kicks, moves, etc.

Hello,

if I create a new virtual server I want to give some people admin permissions. They should be able to create own server groups, channel groups, change permissions and things like that. I want to protect me from being kicked or moved or something like that.

I have tried copying admin group and changing group member add power, group member remove power and group modify power. Other people can't change my group now. However, it is possible for them to give themself higher kick power or move power so they are able to kick me.

Why is it possible to give myself higher power values that I have? If I have a kick power of 70 it should be not possible to set a kick power of 75.

Can you tell me a solution for my problem please?

Do not give everyone admin status, if you need to get protected from them. :-(

You have to forbidd all other groups, that they can edit the kick permissions. Just remove their Grant values behind the permission and they are not able anymore to change their own kick or ban power.
    Please don't send me private messages with support questions as long I or someone else from Teamspeak Staff asked for it.
    Seriously > They belong into the forum and maybe other users have these questions/problems too.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? || Report and upload your Crashdump here

Thank your for your answer but there isn't something new.

Why is it possible to set higher power values that I have?

We have no limitation for all permissions in our system. This is the reason whyn ot everybody shoulb be able to add permisisons, if you can' trust such users.

That's wrong.

There are limitation for i_group_member_add_power, i_group_member_remove_power, i_group_modify, i_permission_modify_power, i_client_permission_modify_power. I can't set a higher i_group_member_add_power than I have. That make sense. However, it doesn't make sense that it is possible by other power values.

Why you don't use this limitation for all power values?

Why is this wrong? I said not for all permissions.
    I think it should be possible to change the values for kick power as an example to an higher value as the grant value allows me to do.

It is not needed in our opionion to limit all permissions.
    The member add power can be abused to add yourself into the query groups.....

Please do what i toled above, remove the permission to change the values or let the children play with you, if this is not in your mind :-(

I mark this thread as resolved, the rest is just a discussion but does not solve the problem / request.

Ok, you got my opinion and I got your opinion about the power values and we are thinking different about the permissions.
    Thread can be closed.

Yeah, there was a try to use the grant values before, but the whole permission system was ****** up

Limit for all rights

Hello,

I love Teamspeak 3 and all, what you can do with the permissions. But now I got a problem with this. Admins can set the kick or ban power higher, as I want. The problem is in this thread too: Protect me from kicks, moves, etc.
    So i want please a limit for all rights. It is very usefull for sponsors of teamspeak server.

Hope this can be added in the next version.

I agree, wanted to post this earlier myself but couldn't find the thread anymore and then got distracted...

In any case being able to set any ridiculous Value to many of the Permissions is not only bad but also renders the grant value pretty much useless...
    Why do I set a grant Value of 70 on things like kick, move, poke, ban power which should limit them to give out kick power up to 70 if they can just grant a couple million... It is ridiculous and makes it literally impossible to setup a less privileged Admin Group which can still manage groups and all that.
    Basicly the only choices you have are: Don't allow them to manage groups / sensitive Powers or allow it and swallow the crap that they can go nuts and outpower anything and everyone... Neither of which is particularly desirable.

If you give someone the ability to edit permissions then you should have an implicit and total trust in that person. I choose to let nobody have the option to tweak permissions because then when I am making tickets I can confirm exactly how things are and supposed to be and know that nobody else messed with it. Setting lower level admins is easy just don't let ANYONE go creating groups or editing permissions.

I want my admins to be able to administrate the server, not reconfigure everything.

Needs are different obviously, and if things were working like they should I still would know things are exactly as I want them to be, despite admins being allowed to do whatever I allow them to, which just so happens to include editing permissions to a certain degree.

I merged all 3 threads into the old one, we do not need 3 threads for the same topic.

Please read post #2 first.

Thread Information