Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    

Where is that banner.php go ???

Well i had my Banner working on TS3... and now i chanced my banner format all to 300 x 75 and now.. the banners are not working anymore... before it was differend size banner's and because that the banner bax was jumping all over my screen... so thats why i thought let me make it all one size... 300x75
    I had 5 banners rotating and worked fine... till the day i chanced it to smaller size !!!

Name:  CBGJoinUS.png
Views: 1073
Size:  69.8 KB

the bannerurl points to the right place... (* because it worked before )
    Gfx Interval = 60 and resize is Adjust and keep ratio

so thats all ok .. so what did i do wrong now...!!!
    Last edited by InterceptorWYD; 28-04-2012 at 21:48. Reason: email linked now

I found that TS3 doesn't like .php at all for banners.

Back when I tried it I actually had to hack it so that Apache would server the php File as a png Files despite the PHP sending an Content Type Header for image/png, and even then it was not working properly at all.

Well the funny part is .. this worked for 1 week without problems.... but like i sayed i chanced only the png pic's because i had different sizes... and than that right framebox is jumping up and down and i didn't like that.. so i made them all one size first all to 574x180px than i see NO pic's anymore .. so i thought maybe its indeed to big .. so chanced it more to 300x92px and still no succes... now i don't have no banner at all....
    Now i put in only one banner and that work with 300x92..... but why is that php script not working anymore.... and maybe can somebody tell me where that script is locate on this forum i tryed to find it with search ... and looked for it for more than 2 hours ...but can't find that topic anymore... so who can't tell me what to do. please...

Thx from InterceptorWYD. Henk - The netherlands.

Hehe after 4 hours look to that damn small php script i found the problem ... PHP <-> TS3

After i had chanced the banner i had to rename the banner.php to for example TS_banner.php now the banner is working...
    so now i did step 2 and added again more banners again nothing .. but again i had to rename the banner name from TS_banner.php to TS3_banner.php and again it worked so problem solved...

For the guys that also want now to have rotating banners in TS3 try this script :

Save the following in a notepad as a ".php" file where also the pic's are and put the link in Banner Gfx URL settings TS3 .

<?php

$sigImage = array("img1.jpg", "img2.jpg", "img3.jpg"); // Add/remove with the different filenames of you sig backgrounds

// RANDOMIZE BACKGROUND //
    // Chooses a background from an array at random for the sig
    $sigIndex = rand(0, count($sigImage)-1);
    $sigImage = $sigImage[$sigIndex];
    // The main image to put the stats over.
    $imageExt = explode(".", $sigImage);
    if(strtolower($imageExt[1]) == "jpg"){
    $image = imagecreatefromjpeg($sigImage);
    }elseif(strtolower($imageExt[1]) == "png"){
    $image = imagecreatefrompng($sigImage);
    }else{
    die("Unsupported filetype!");
    }

// WRITE OUT THE IMAGE //

header('Content-type: image/jpeg');
    imagejpeg($image, NULL, 100);
    imagedestroy($image);

?>

1.) Must have file host (i.e. x10hosting.com)
    2.) You must replace the "img#" with the wanted image.
    3.) To get the banner to change in teamspeak, open the Virtual Server Editor, paste the link to the dynamic banner,
    and lastly change the Gfx timer to a minimum of 60 (this number determines how often it will change,
    this is counted by seconds).
    4.) Everytime you chance the php file rename the file and reload the file in TS3 (Banner Gfx URL)
    URL: the place where youre website is ( clickable banners),and put the Gfx interval to 60.
    5.) Bannersize will be adjust by the TS3 client if you setup like this: Resize: Adjust and keep aspect ratio
    banners can be 600 X 180px.

Found this php on website all credit goes to creator of this script. ( if i find the autorname i will add it here )
    Line 4 and 5 are added by InterceptorWYD because the trouble i had with it ...

And if you do it good you have every 60 seconds a rotating banner.

Client 3.0.7 will load a broken banner (on connect).
    The problem with these php scripts is, that the file can be 0byte, while our server requests the file from your server.
    This causes the client , to unload the banner on next connect.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Please don't send me private messages with support questions as long I or someone else from Teamspeak Staff asked for it.
    Seriously > They belong into the forum and maybe other users have these questions/problems too.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? || Report and upload your Crashdump here
    NPL License (Registration)

Thread Information