Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    

Question Newbie feeling completely lost

A friend invited me to play SWTOR with Teamspeak. Sounded great, so I installed the Teamspeak client; it seems to be fine. Despite diligent efforts, I've been unable to figure out how to go from this point to talking to my friend on Teamspeak. How do I decide which server to use? Do I use the same one all the time? How do we actually connect on a phone call? Sorry to seem dense, but if I've overlooked this please just point me in the right direction. Thanks.

OK, so less lost now. Went questing with a guildmate who has a server. He gave me the server identification, and the password. Put those into Connection, and voila' ... we were talking on our headsets. So, apparently if I'm not using someone else's server, that's where it's gonna get complicated.

To have your own server, I would recommend renting one. That way everything is managed by your host. The alternative is to host one yourself but, based on your posts, I think that would be more work than it's worth.

You can buy a server from a Authorized Hoster http://hosting.teamspeakusa.com/

It's very easy, you forget about the configuration and they do everything for you !!! think that your pc will rest and won't be conected 24/7, it's very expensive to have that.

Thread Information