Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    

Port-Forwarding issue.

Well, I was going to port-forward my teamspeak towards my computer as my host. I used PFConfig and put a custom application in and the required ports for TCP and UDP and I uploaded it. Before I used any of this, they were able to ping my router through the tool that checks if the port was sent to my computer. Now, I can't ping my router nor can i connect to even my local-host connection.

Can someone help me please port-forward my router to this, I've been wasting my whole day to figure this out and I really need this to work-out.

My router is: WRT54GS from Linksys, I followed the guide and everything from (portforward.com) the port-forward site, and still no luck at all.

Thanks if you can help.

Here's an image of the ports: http://oi49.tinypic.com/1j2143.jpg
    Last edited by ChrispY95; 06-05-2012 at 23:12.

They have a pretty decent guide. They forward more then necessary but it still works
    They got Pictures and everything and the explanation is decent so just follow that one.
    Just make sure to forward it to the IP Address of your PC that is running the Server!
    You can find your local IP by typing ipconfig inside a Command Console. (Win + R -> cmd -> OK -> ipconfig -> Enter)

In reply to your Edit:
    Make sure the local IP of the PC running the TS3 Server is 192.168.1.105

In reply to your edit, yes, I have that done.

----------------------------

I've already followed the guide, and it still doesn't work. Now my local-host connection doesn't even work to connect.

How would I forward the IP address of my PC to the server? I have a static IP address and it's for all of the computers.

Take a look at my ports: http://oi49.tinypic.com/1j2143.jpg

Is that correct as of now?

---------

Are those ports supposed to be set to both? Because I've seen other tutorials and there quite different (for the same linksys router types), or can It be something with the fire-wall? I have done everything in that tutorial you posted, and It's still not working, so I guess it has to do something with my firewall.

I have windows-7-home-premium, and I was wondering how to allow the firewall to my teamspeak.

This is what happens when I try to access my system firewall: http://oi50.tinypic.com/k1ypfd.jpg

Last edited by ChrispY95; 06-05-2012 at 23:26.

I already read and replied to your Edit above.
    Also there is no need to write in all bold....

Make sure the IP you entered in the Router (in that above screenshot of yours) is actually the one of the PC running the TS3 Server otherwise it will not work.

If connecting to the TS3 Server with localhost doesn't work it's either not running on the System where you trying to connect from or not running at all.

Yes, the IP of the hosting computer is the one I'm on right now, and It wouldn't matter, because all of my computers would have the same IP, because it's static.

I've done everything, I have the IP to hosting computer in there, all of the ports required to host it. I don't know why it's just not working.

I'm guessing it would have to be something with the fire-wall, because I cannot even restore it to it's normal settings. (http://oi50.tinypic.com/k1ypfd.jpg)

As I said above they do more than is required.

9987 is UDP only
    30033 is TCP only

10011 is also TCP only and doesn't need to be forwarded at all unless you want to use Services like tsviewer.com or gametracker.com

If you have Teamviewer you can send me a Private Message with the Information and I could take a quick look.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrispY95 View Post
    Yes, the IP of the hosting computer is the one I'm on right now, and It wouldn't matter, because all of my computers would have the same IP, because it's static.
    One IP Address can only belong to one Network Interface in the entire Network at a single time. So no all of your PCs cannot and will not have the same IP Address!
    At least not if they are on and connected to the same network at the same time.

I switched it, and it's still not working.

One IP Address can only belong to one Network Interface in the entire Network at a single time. So no all of your PCs cannot and will not have the same IP Address!
    At least not if they are on and connected to the same network at the same time.
    They are all connected to a "home" network. I'm the hosting computer of the network, If i would shut-down my whole computer, the network would disconnect everyone, or for anyone who is connected to the network.

But that's beside the point, it's got to be my ports and possibly my firewall not allowing something. I was able to ping my router again upon switching these settings to what you said, but it's still not picking up the ports to my computer or the IP (using the port checker to see if my port is connected).

If you can provide the best of best and beyond information as possible, please do!

It has worked once I restarted the TS3.server.exe file.

-----

Edit: Once I restart my server, in which initiates the starting of my teamspeak, the IP decides to not work anymore. I am using my IP address (from ipchicken.com) and it doesn't seem to work. But when I do my IPV6 Local address and my localhost it works fine.
    Last edited by ChrispY95; 07-05-2012 at 04:16.

Thread Information