Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    
Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Required preparations to get started with the Android Beta

The Android client is not available in the Google Play store yet but instead is provided as a direct apk download. This means that you have to modify your phones security settings in order to be able to install the application.
    Once the open beta is over the TeamSpeak application will be available in the Google Play store and you can revert the setting.

• Make sure your phone meets the system requirements:
      • You need a phone with at least an ARMv7 CPU (hardware FPU required).
      • Your device needs to be running at least Android 2.3.3
      • CPU Speed of at least 800Mhz
      • Your device needs to have the Google Play Store installed.
      • Wireless or at least 3G connection is advised (you may experience odd behavior due to packet loss otherwise)

For those of you who already participated in the closed Beta test that has been running for the last few months, please note that the closed beta will not update to the open beta, but rather you will have to uninstall the closed beta and then install the open beta using the above link / QR Code.

The Beta has ended and the app has been released in the Play Store. You can get it from there.
    If you still have the Beta installed, you can click the link above and purchase it from your Browser, give it a few minutes and it will offer you an update on your phone, after which the app will be working and all your settings and bookmarks will be preserved. The other option is to uninstall the app on your phone and install it again through the play store on your phone, keep in mind though that this will erase your settings and bookmarks.

As was the case with the iOS TeamSpeak 3 client, the high cost of development and subsequent maintenance has also forced us to charge for the Android TeamSpeak 3 client, allowing us to keep it free of advertisement. In appreciation of the beta users, we will be offering a 50% discount on the Android client until November.
    Last edited by Chris; 08-10-2013 at 15:40.

Wonderful job, a very nice interface.
    Begin the test

The closed beta doesnt upgrade into the open beta? Two seperate apps with different databases?

Quote Originally Posted by Boby360 View Post
    The closed beta doesnt upgrade into the open beta? Two seperate apps with different databases?
    No it doesn't, you will have to uninstall the closed beta and then download and install the open beta.

Huge step up over the one before. No bugs so far.

It's so quiet though and I can hardly hear people speak. Not sure if it's just my phone.

Galaxy Note here.

100% better than the old one, Sound is better. All the options are better, you can use the chat unlike the old one and even has leaving and joining sounds this time. Even shows the custom icons in the servers

Quote Originally Posted by Demonite View Post
    Huge step up over the one before. No bugs so far.

It's so quiet though and I can hardly hear people speak. Not sure if it's just my phone.

Galaxy Note here.
    By default it will not the external speaker but rather the one at the top of the phone, but you can enable the "hands free" option in the settings if you want to use the loudspeaker.

Hi, sorry for my English but I translate with google.

Next I downloaded APP on Galaxy Next Turbo is not installed I tried several times but does not install APP

This, is, sick.. love it!

Nice update, works great so far.

Too bad you haven't implemented the Google design guidelines. :/

I have a verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 running jelly bean. When I log into a server, I cannot view any users there, but when I log in on my pc I can. any way to fix this?

Quote Originally Posted by zemco999 View Post
    I have a verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 running jelly bean. When I log into a server, I cannot view any users there, but when I log in on my pc I can. any way to fix this?

Click on the gray/green eye at the bottom of the screen.

I usee Samsung Galaxy Note. And when i open Ts3 beta , it crashes

It says ; report has been sent.

Have been waiting a while for this kind of update, was well worth the wait HTC one V working perfectly.
    I have 1 question, though it is not an important or needy feature, can we get animated gif support, is it planned or possible ?
    aside from that its brilliant and I would rate 5 star even without gif support :P Great work guys !

Looks promising, but I was wondering where the additional files it downloads go.
    Let me quote Google's Romain Guy:
    Dear app devs, Android has APIs to put data in the right place on external storage. Please use them. Stop making a mess on my phone.

https://twitter.com/romainguy/status/282975428136824832
    Please consider changing this and using getExternalFilesDir(). For me it's annoying to have several apps mess up the root of external storage, especially if their directories do not contain anything of (direct) interest to the user.

Thread Information