Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

TeamSpeak 3 Server Version 3.0.7 released

We are proud to announce the immediate availability of the latest Server release version 3.0.7.
    Most notable changes in this version are the introduction of the Opus Codec and improvements in the ban system.
    Please note that Client 3.0.10 is required to be able to connect to servers running this version

Full Changelog below:
    Code:
    === Server Release 3.0.7 4 March 2013
     ! extended max possible permissions, newer client will be needed to use
       this server release
     ! permissionlist command got a new parameter "-new", if set the permissionlist
       will be sent in a new format
     + bans got some magic to prevent abusing
     + temporary server passwords work also if no virtualserver password is set
     + added permissions b_channel_create_modify_with_codec_opusvoice, b_channel_create_modify_with_codec_opusmusic
     - fixed bug where guest users could trigger "channel edited" or
       "server edited" events although they had no permissions to edit channels
       or servers
     - fixed problems with avatar deletion
     - fixed an assert while banning yourself
     - fixed folders could not be deleted
     - virtualserver temporary passwords are checked before normal virtualserverpassword
     - fixed bug with permission b_channel_create_modify_with_force_password
     - fixed bug with server deletion and not-existing filebase
     - fixed bug where icon deletion went wrong
     - TSDNS server is now case-insensitive
     - fixed a hang due to too many open handles in TSDNS
     - fixed missing serverquery commands in help.txt
     - fixed complainlist does not work anymore if an client was deleted

Server & client installed, no problems to report

Hi, i have a curious problem after uploading the new server files. if i try to restart the server, i got the error 'ts3server_startscript.sh file not found' but the file is in the folder. so i restore the backup and the restart will work.

System: Linux - Debian 6.0.5 (x64)
    Error: -sh: ./ts3server_startscript.sh: not found
    Last edited by Dark-Angel; 04-03-2013 at 12:20.

love the new codes, an update was no problem at all
    (win7, x64)

I've done the update and have tested the new temporary password behavior. It seems that specifying a channel for the temporary password is not working. All connections with the temporary password remain at the default channel instead of the specified one. Anyone else has the same problem?

I updated to the new server. Problem is, I cant edit the channels to the new Opus Codecs. They are both greyed out. Could anyone help me please?

New England USA / Marnbach, Weilheim i.OB, Germany
    My issue updating, not sure if it is related to the release, is that I cannot stop, start, or restart my server. The error in the log file is:

2013-03-04 12:29:30.511596|ERROR |VirtualServer | 7| bind failed on 0.0.0.0:9988
    2013-03-04 12:29:30.522074|INFO |VirtualServer | 7| stopped

When I check the status after restart, it tells me server seems to have died.

Linux x86.

I'll try to figure it out in a few hours.

EDIT: I deleted the .pid file, stopped and started the server and now everything is working properly. Very nice!!
    Last edited by -{HGH}-GEN.Skylab; 04-03-2013 at 14:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Angel View Post
    Hi, i have a curious problem after uploading the new server files. if i try to restart the server, i got the error 'ts3server_startscript.sh file not found' but the file is in the folder. so i restore the backup and the restart will work.

Are you sure the new Teamspeak files are owned (and being run) by the same user as the old version?

Quote Originally Posted by Air SeaTac View Post
    Are you sure the new Teamspeak files are owned (and being run) by the same user as the old version?
    yes, i tryed it on two different servers, and on both the result is the same error. so, i think something is wrong with the new files, the old files works without problems.

I made a Server Update and it says it is not working for Iphone and Android due to Old Version, i checked for upate and there's no for them..

Quote Originally Posted by [NWM]Paladin View Post
    I updated to the new server. Problem is, I cant edit the channels to the new Opus Codecs. They are both greyed out. Could anyone help me please?
    Thats because you dont have the permissions set (b_channel_create_modify_with_codec_opus*)

yes, i tryed it on two different servers, and on both the result is the same error. so, i think something is wrong with the new files, the old files works without problems.
    Download the server files again, and try to run the minimal_runscript.

Its working fine here on Ubuntu 12.10 x64

Anyone here can help with the min client versions?

i updated my server to 3.0.7 and now ive got a new min client version.. but what is the min client version for android and ios?
    where i can find it? i cant find the date from this versions..

sry for my english

What is the new permission "b_channel_create_private" actually for? I cannot figure out what it does.

Download the files directly onto the machine that is intended to run the files, uploading through FTP can cause errors.
    Make sure the file is there and accessible by the user running the server. Nothing to do with this release.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodsoul View Post
    I've done the update and have tested the new temporary password behavior. It seems that specifying a channel for the temporary password is not working. All connections with the temporary password remain at the default channel instead of the specified one. Anyone else has the same problem?
    Temporary passwords are directing me to the defined target channel. Are you sure you recreated the password after booting the server? They are temporary and get lost when the server is shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by [NWM]Paladin View Post
    You need the permissions, which by default are granted to all the default server groups, however if you removed the auto_update_type or changed it in your groups, then these groups won't be updated and you'll have to manually add the permissions.

Quote Originally Posted by varela1george View Post
    I made a Server Update and it says it is not working for Iphone and Android due to Old Version, i checked for upate and there's no for them..
    Latest Android open beta can connect just fine, as for iOS the update will be available later on today.

Quote Originally Posted by Dooki View Post
    Anyone here can help with the min client versions?

i updated my server to 3.0.7 and now ive got a new min client version.. but what is the min client version for android and ios?
    where i can find it? i cant find the date from this versions..

sry for my english
    There is no need to change it, the latest server will only allow the current client to connect regardless of that setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Morthawt View Post
    What is the new permission "b_channel_create_private" actually for? I cannot figure out what it does.
    Preparations. Not supposed to be used at this point in time.
    Last edited by Chris; 04-03-2013 at 13:37.

I connected with my serveradmin via putty. When I use "servergroupaddperm sgid=6 permsid=b_channel_create_modify_with_codes_opusvoi ce permvalue=1 permnegated=0 permskip=0" I get the following message:
    error id=2562 msg=invalid\spermission\sID

How can my serveradmin login dont have the permission?

Thread Information