Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    

Thread: Remove Overwolf

Solved Remove Overwolf

Since the last update of Teamspeak 3 (Client Release 3.0.12) apparently Overwolf support was integrated into Teamspeak3.
    Its nice to have this Option but i do not like to use or see Overwolf in Teamspeak 3 at all.
    Is there a way to remove it compleetly form the Teamspeak 3 client.

Jes i unchecked the "show Overwolf icons" option und deleted all Overwolf related files but the the entry in the Extras menu is not gone so far.

This should be a new plug in(thous can be disabled by the user) ,and not a forced Function.

Greetings Malzbier

You can not remove the the overwolf from the menu "Tools/Extras". The Overwolf is not active or something else as long you don't start the external program.

It's an external program from another company and they have more than TeamSpeak integrated. I guess they never use it as a plugin.
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Please don't send me private messages with support questions as long I or someone else from Teamspeak Staff asked for it.
    Seriously > They belong into the forum and maybe other users have these questions/problems too.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? || Report and upload your Crashdump here
    NPL License (Registration)

Quote Originally Posted by Malzbier View Post
    Since the last update of Teamspeak 3 (Client Release 3.0.12) apparently Overwolf support was integrated into Teamspeak3.
    Its nice to have this Option but i do not like to use or see Overwolf in Teamspeak 3 at all.
    Is there a way to remove it compleetly form the Teamspeak 3 client.

Jes i unchecked the "show Overwolf icons" option und deleted all Overwolf related files but the the entry in the Extras menu is not gone so far.

This should be a new plug in(thous can be disabled by the user) ,and not a forced Function.

Greetings Malzbier
    There's no way to remove it because it's probably a paid for/advertisement. I mean, there are tons of programs out there that do similar things, yet only this one managed to squeeze it's way into a "non-user-removable" "hey, click me to install" link in TS3.

Times may be tough, but come on TS3 - Can't you operate without cramming 'secret' paid ads on your user base?

You can still remove it from the toolbar by right-clicking toolbar, select 'Customize Toolbar' and doubleclick the Overwolf thing on the right hand pane.

I'm only interested in a ts3 overlay for gaming, and this Overwolf app ( I dare nto call it a plugin) is atrocious; far too few options, poor multi-monitor support, so little in teh way of customization. Then again, it's still in Beta. (despite being around since 2011)

Gamers - unless you have a hardon for the social apps crap, stick with the good ol' TS3 overlay plugin.

I really hope this isn't the start of something disgusting, and we'll starting seeing adverts in TS. I love TS3 and that it's free, but against my better judgment I'd rather pay a few bucks for Ts3.

Thread Information