Community Forums Today's Posts     Member List     Archive    

TDSound In.Open: no sound driver is availible for use!!!

Ok so here's my problem. My computer that I do my gaming on was having a hard time (i.e. too much crap, games, music, temporary internet files, old programs and games, etc....). It was so bad, that I couldn't even get on the computer to start erasing stuff. So I finally got in (safe mode) and started deleting everything. In the process I deleted a Sound/Mic driver. The audio/sound works just fine, but I can't use the mic at all.
    This is the error I get when I start TS "TD Sound In: No sound driver is availible for use"

Now this is what I have done to rectify the problem:
    -I used the system restore disks to see if I could get the sound drivers reloaded...no luck didn't work.
    -I own a Sony VIO so I went to the support website and DL the original and latest sound drivers...no luck didn't work.
    -I have a Logictech headset, so I went to their website to see if I could find a microphone driver to DL...no luck.
    -I unistalled TS and reloaded it twice...no luck didn't work.
    -I have tried downloading Sound Drivers from 3rd party Websites.

I have the "SoundMAX Intergrated Digital Audio AD1881A" on board sound.

Ok so what am I missing or what else can I do? I have an onboard sound card, so should I go and buy a new one? I tried this in the past and had no luck with installing a Audigy sound card, it was having conflicts with my system (I suppose I could try another one).
    I really want to get Teamspeak working again, Like it used to.

If that headset is a USB headset then it has a built in soundcard. If you have installed the drivers for it then you should see it as seperate sound device in the TS options. Select it as recording and (if you want) as playback device.

Also make sure that
    - the latest DirectX is installed.
    - you tried with both DirectSound and Wave in the TS options.
    - you completly uninstalled and removed the old drivers before installing the new ones.
    - you did run a windows update to get the latest fixes of the system.

I have a analog head set (using the traditional 1/8 inch mic jacks), but I was thinking of buying a new digital head set (USB connection) will this solve my driver problem?

I have DL a bunch of drivers with my onboard sounds chip set (AD1881A)and nothings has worked.
    -I have the latest Directx
    -Did not try and mess with any of the settings in TS, it was working fine before I started erasing stuff.
    -I did uninstall the old drivers and then reinstalled the new ones
    -yes I got the latest patches from M$

Originally posted by Argon
    I have a analog head set (using the traditional 1/8 inch mic jacks), but I was thinking of buying a new digital head set (USB connection) will this solve my driver problem?
    If nothnig got messed up with your OS during the deletion then this should sove it.

On your current problem I have no other idea short of a complete system reinstall or the system recovery snapshots (if you use XP).

Smile

Sorry to bring this dinosaur back, but I'm now getting this error. I recently tried to download updated drivers for my on board sound from nVidia, and it always froze at a certain point. At that point, after a reboot, no sound worked at all. SO I go back and reload the original stuff, and everything goes back to normal, except TS.

So I re-install TS and it still says this. To my knowledge this is the only program still being affected like this, all my media players and games have sound just like normal.

EDIT: Apparently it was some kind of Driect Sound error, it kept setting itself back to Wave. I manually changed it to Direct Sound and it appears to be working properly now.
    Last edited by WheelDawg; 02-03-2006 at 20:09.

Thread Information