Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

TeamSpeak Client 3.0.18.2 released

Hi,

version 3.0.18.2 of the TeamSpeak client is available. This further improves the previous hotfix against a known security vulnerability. In addition we added a few minor bugfixes.

Originally we planned to release these patches with a full new version 3.0.19, but as 3.0.19 requires more work we don't want to delay making this bugfix version available to you.

Thank you to everyone in the community who reported issues to us. We appreciate it.

Code:
    === Client Release 3.0.18.2 23 Oct 2015
    ! Further hardened security fix from 3.0.18.1. Remote images are now stored in
      single directory by hash, instead of subfolders.
    + Added external link warning to opening URLs from within URL Catcher
    * Updated include folders in plugin SDK for recent code restructuring
    * On entering an unsubscribed channel, scan all clients for CLIENT_TALK_REQUEST
      and preset that value to avoid getting the notification sound when clicking
      on that client later.
    - Fixed unclickable Download Folder label in Filebrowser dialog.
    - Fixed PTT delay not getting properly saved and restored.
    - Replaced wrong clear filter icon in permissions overview dialog.

Hi,
    where can I find the build/version number from the ts version to force updating to 3.0.18.2?
    Last edited by dante696; October 23rd, 2015 at 07:10 AM. Reason: moved

Quote Originally Posted by PeterS View Post
    Hi,

Code:
    ! Further hardened security fix from 3.0.18.1. Remote images are now stored in

Client 3.0.18.2 --> Help --> View Changelog
    ! Further hardened security fix from 3.0.18.1. Remote images are not stored in

Quote Originally Posted by I9hdkill View Post
    Hi,
    where can I find the build/version number from the ts version to force updating to 3.0.18.2?
    It's build number 1445512488

@ PotaBlava
    "Not" would make no sense here.
    They are stored as a hashed file in a single folder called "remote".
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? ||NPL (Registration)

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    @ PotaBlava
    "Not" would make no sense here.
    So this is what it appears in the client changelog.

Ah, you did quote the right version here.

It did look like your correction was with not
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? ||NPL (Registration)

That's just a typo, that was supposed to have been corrected but it seems that didn't make it.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Our hostbanner appears to not be displaying in 3.0.18.2 all of a sudden now, it was working in 3.0.18.1. It was made in photoshop so I see no reason as to why it wouldn't work. Any ideas?

Already answered the same thing (when 3.0.19 was what client 3.0.18.2 is now):
    Quote Originally Posted by dante696
    Please do not forget the old client 3.0.18 did not check image files properly.
    This has changed and had to be changed in client 3.0.18.1 (and newer) to avoid evil exploits!
    If pictures now fail to show, then there is something wrong in the header file of the image. QT reject to show these iamges then.

Our new Check for images did reject your picture, because there is something wrong in the header file.
    The old client did not check everything in that image and did not reject the image. But that was bad and a security risk ;/

Which program was used to create that image?
    I think many users will get the same problem now, but there is nothing we can fix.

Your action is required to solve that:
    Re-create or save the picture with the same (could cause same problem again) or with other software.
    Any program can cause problems with images (also Photoshop).
    Check your client log first and then check your image file (we can not because we have no example from you).

//Edit
    All clients now must reload any remote image once again to show it in the client.
    The old cached file will not work anymore.

If you have problems, then check your client log first and server connection first.

Please check your image file (we can not because we have no example from you).

Already answered that already:
    No worries, can delete my post and this once you've read. Was just connectivity issues.

Thank you for that update. Did not think about that any client must load the banner again to the cache after updating to 3.0.18.2.

Autoupdating from 3.0.16

Hi,

This is probably a silly question, but just for sanity of mind - I've not used teamspeak in a few months (coming form version 3.0.16) but I'm looking to update it for the obvious security reasons. Since I'm not quite aware of the attack vector being fixed here I just wanted to confirm.

If updating via the inbuilt auto-updater there's no chance of getting infected as long as I just go straight to auto-updating and do not connect to any servers, correct? (i.e. there's no inbuilt system of automatically retrieving public server details that could cause infection.)

Many Thanks!

Updating via our auto updater or via installer from http://www.teamspeak.com/downloads do not contain a risk to become infected.

Beeing on a server (in general) with clients older than 3.0.18.2 can** be a rsik.
    A banner or host button or a channel description can** include the bad exploit.

**can not muste be ;D

Already answered the same thing (when 3.0.19 was what client 3.0.18.2 is now):

Any program can cause problems with images (also Photoshop).
    Check your client log first and then check your image file (we can not because we have no example from you).

//Edit
    All clients now must reload any remote image once again to show it in the client.
    The old cached file will not work anymore.

If you have problems, then check your client log first and server connection first.
    Sorry to bring this up again, but I cannot get any image to show up on my server. I've tried creating png and jpg images with multiple softwares (Windows Default Paint, paint.net, IrfanView, etc.), and I've tried uploading them to multiple picture hosts (imgur, vgy.me, someimage, etc.) and it simply will not display anything. I've tried many different pictures, new and old, and I've cleared my TS3 Client cache as I believe was instructed here. I've not tried doing anything server side, though, because I can't find anything that would be relevant there. The TS3 client log just says:
    10/31/2015 17:51:39 Info Failed to read image C:/Users/Farfie/AppData/Roaming/TS3Client/cache/remote/Fyznc6J3lGeSZqNAX4hDOwrqZJMuSCV04tRloP35vUKvHDDnXb BY2uB7SxPhtTiAddPTwW5T1MK+3E+TCAoOFg==
    10/31/2015 17:51:39 Info No image, refusing to display

And that's it. Sorry if I'm stupid, but is there something I'm not getting here?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by farfie View Post
    Sorry to bring this up again, but I cannot get any image to show up on my server. I've tried creating png and jpg images with multiple softwares (Windows Default Paint, paint.net, IrfanView, etc.), and I've tried uploading them to multiple picture hosts (imgur, vgy.me, someimage, etc.) and it simply will not display anything. I've tried many different pictures, new and old, and I've cleared my TS3 Client cache as I believe was instructed here. I've not tried doing anything server side, though, because I can't find anything that would be relevant there. The TS3 client log just says:
    10/31/2015 17:51:39 Info Failed to read image C:/Users/Farfie/AppData/Roaming/TS3Client/cache/remote/Fyznc6J3lGeSZqNAX4hDOwrqZJMuSCV04tRloP35vUKvHDDnXb BY2uB7SxPhtTiAddPTwW5T1MK+3E+TCAoOFg==
    10/31/2015 17:51:39 Info No image, refusing to display

And that's it. Sorry if I'm stupid, but is there something I'm not getting here?

Thank you.
    The client can not validate that your file is really a picture.
    The header of the file is broken or the program that saved it does use non standard here to create image files.

The only fix here is to use another program to create your image file.

//edit
    Moved off-topics about overwolf icon to own thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by KIDINK^ View Post
    Using Overwolf <active> icon is missing
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/1...con-is-missing
    This wasn't related to client 3.0.18.2
    Last edited by dante696; November 2nd, 2015 at 02:42 PM.

Thread Information