Forum

TeamSpeak Server 3.0.12 Beta 1-4

//Edit by mod
    This is a beta server and should not be used in a productive environment.
    Please make backups of your server, before you update to this beta version.
    The server can be downloaded from http://dl.4players.de/ts/releases/pr...3.0.12-Beta-4/
    Edit by mod//

Liking what I see so far.
    Would be nice due to all of the updates and new binary names if there as a script included that you could pass the path to your existing folder that would pull the license, files, database and config into the new "_" folder ("_" due to that now being the filler between OS_architecture from the old "-" in OS-architecture in the folder name).

curious why the change on Linux from tar.gz to tar.bz2 or was that just so people would have to look closer when updating?
    Last edited by dante696; January 21st, 2016 at 03:10 PM.

It isn't possible to run tsdnsserver from 3.0.12 on Centos 6 or 7, because a libc++.so isn't available in these distributions. Neither in base, nor in epel.

Setting the minimum client version lower than the current version doesn't appear to have any effect.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    Setting the minimum client version lower than the current version doesn't appear to have any effect.
    Could you explain how you tested? Were you using an out of date client that could not connect and setting the min_client_version =< that out of date client?

Yes, I was. I was using like a client 3.0.18 I think and it wasn't able to connect to a server with a minimum version of 3.0.10.

I wonder why there was no thread created for this beta server.

For the Cent OS problem: we will have a look at this after holidays.
    For the min versions: PC Client 3.0.18.2 and iOS/Android 3.0.16 are hardcoded values in the server and never can't be lower. Does not matter if you set min version to 1 as an example.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? ||NPL (Registration)

I didn't check with beta 2, but in beta 1,
    Removed "virtualserver_max_upload_total_bandwidth" and "virtualserver_max_download_total_bandwidth" from the server template if the value was "-1"
    is incorrect. It is not even possible to set these values to -1 (convert error) as these are UInt64 so this change makes absolutely no sense at all.

So with beta2, -1 is now a valid value if used to set these values. However, it is not "removed" from the template and still returned by serverinfo on sid 0 as High(UInt64)=16Exbi-1.
    Last edited by numma_cway; December 28th, 2015 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    I wonder why there was no thread created for this beta server.

For the Cent OS problem: we will have a look at this after holidays.
    For the min versions: PC Client 3.0.18.2 and iOS/Android 3.0.16 are hardcoded values in the server and never can't be lower. Does not matter if you set min version to 1 as an example.
    OK. I was guessing there was a hard coded minimum client version from his comment, but could not confirm on my own. So basicly the server has code like actual_min_client_version = Max(hard_coded_min_client_version, admin_set_min_client_version) Makes sense to me.

Also, note that in future client update the permissions context messages for some of the permissions like b_serverinstance_help_view need to be updated to not reference ts3_serverquery_manual.pdf since it was replaced with html manual.

Oh and as for no thread created for this beta: Maybe they hadn't planned on people manually checking the location for updates and had not planned on an "open beta" of it yet...
    Last edited by Screech; January 5th, 2016 at 02:30 PM.

- The problem with Cent OS will be fixed in Server 3.0.12 beta 3 (or stable)

- The permission descriptions have nothing to do with the server, but was a good hint. We did not think about that in client yet.
    This should be fixed in client 3.0.19 or 3.0.20 (not sure about dev planes)

- About virtualserver_max_upload_total_bandwidth and virtualserver_max_download_total_bandwidth in template when value is -1 will be retested, when i get beta 3. Our tests were fine, when we did test beta 2.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? ||NPL (Registration)

Beta 3 is running well. Issue with libc++.so is gone.

Beta 4 was uploaded today and should be the last beta till stable relase comes out.

Fixes
    - fixed a rare crash caused by memory corruption on windows.
    - fixed a compile error on FreeBSD

I moved this thread to a better place on forum

I know I'm a nitpicker, but you didn't strip the debugging symbols from the Linux binaries for beta 4.
    Did you link some library statically for this release? Even stripped, the ts3server binary is 2 mb larger than 3.0.11.4.

Thank you for that hint. Unimportant debbuging should be removed already, but yes there is more data* that can be removed from the whole package.
    Our Devs will strip more data (~1mb) in the next release 3.0.13 (or 3.0.12.x)
    Last edited by dante696; January 22nd, 2016 at 10:59 AM.

Beta 3 also included the dates when files were changed. I think that's actually better, as it helps you to know what was updated, in case you use custom mysql and want to know about query syntax changes.

Thread Information