Forum

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

[Release] DarkenTS - Save the eyes

Hello everyone,

following you will find my interpretation of a dark design for TeamSpeak. Being an owner of a multi monitor system I always felt annoyed by this big pearly-white spot disturbing my nightly gaming session, which finally forced my hand. Most areas of TeamSpeak should be covered. Still, there might be some spots left I missed. Or some settings are just not suitable for daily use. Hit me up if you found bugs, have suggestions, etc.

The design was created with following Design settings:

Style: System Default (Important, other styles might change the appearance of DarkenTS and introduce glitches. Styles mainly change the design of GUI elements, which, in almost every single instance will be overwritten by DarkenTS.)

and comes with a unique icon set, fitting the dark theme.

Enjoy!

Screenshots DarkenTS: https://imgtc.com/a/Di54KRBddE
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1_Main151.png 
Views:	3260 
Size:	214.7 KB 
ID:	15217
    Screenshots DarkenTS - Dissension: https://imgtc.com/a/yuLoaIs7QX

Name:	1_Main101.png 
Views:	2062 
Size:	223.9 KB 
ID:	15218
    Screenshots DarkenTS - Desolation: https://imgtc.com/a/6MBXuAOWhw

Name:	ts3client_win64_2017-05-22_23-49-37.png 
Views:	1179 
Size:	370.5 KB 
ID:	15564
    Download (v1.5.1) Download (v1.0.1) Download (v1.0)
    Screenshots Icon set (Preview): https://imgtc.com/a/AN3prR5oRT

Name:	DarkenTS152IconPreview.png 
Views:	480 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	15219
    LightenTS Icon Pack (used to be with default/light themes)

Name:	LightenTS12IconPreview.png 
Views:	261 
Size:	97.3 KB 
ID:	15394
    Download (v1.6.1) Download (v1.2.1)

myTeamSpeak is the only official download sources. If you find my themes and icon packs somewhere else, I cannot guarantee that you receive the original, most up-to-date addons.

Please report any bugs or design flaws you encounter, as well as feature wishes.

Please note: I am using Windows 10 as an Operating System with a custom colour scheme, which affects the appearance of the TeamSpeak title bar. Using a different Operating System, or a different colour scheme may change the overall look of the TeamSpeak title bar.

Considerable changes (v 1.5.1): License change (TL;DR: No changes for end user, more information in respectively DarkenTS.qss, DarkenTS-Dissension.qss, and settings.ini)
    Considerable changes (v 1.5): Added Dissension style. Added circular variation of player talk status icons, similar to TeamSpeak defaults: To change icons navigate to '%appdata%\TS3Client\gfx\DarkenTS', remove or rename 'settings.ini', and rename 'settings__TalkIcons.ini' into 'settings.ini'. Reworked the display of Channel Topic and Channel Description in Extended TPL.
    Considerable changes (v 1.4): Changed GUI elements file structure: Deleting the existing theme folder "/styles/DarkenTS" before updating is recommended.
    Considerable changes (v 1.3): Art style of existing icons changed. Added missing icons. Icon pack complete..
    Considerable changes (v 1.2): If you want to use the extended .tpl versions, navigate to "TeamSpeak 3 Client\styles\DarkenTS\_Extended", copy and paste all .tpl's into the style root folder. Additionally you can backup all .tpl's into the _Default folder.
    Considerable changes (v 1.1): By request of Deireadh and monkyyx I added the option for TabBar borders and ScrollBar buttons. Per default those options are disabled. For more information read the changelog in DarkenTS.qss.

Note: TabBar borders are set up as example. Customisation to fit the theme or your own liking is needed.

License
    This work is licensed under the Brady Use-NoSharing-NoDerivatives 1.0 WW License.
    TL;DR:
    Use - Not only ok, but very much welcomed.
    Copy-pasting to cheese-unlock myTeamSpeak Developer badge - Not ok, not allowed. I will find you.
    Last edited by Brady_The; May 22nd, 2017 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Update: DarkenTS - Desolation

Generally a nice theme. I like the different colors for channels, users and servers throughout the theme.
    However, I have a few suggestions:
    • Disabled menu items are hard to see. They are even harder to see while hovered.
    • Decide whether you want borders or not. The three main panes (tree, details, chat) have borders, everything else (especially chat/servers tabs, the chatbox and the (expanded) menus) doesn't. I personally like borders.
    • I find the rather big "pseudo-border" (the darker color around menus) confusing, especially as I have two columns of bookmarks where it fills the unused space in the second column.
    • I like themes with more details in the details pane.
    • Why are the hotkeys in bold font?
    • Link targets are barely visible in the status bar.

(Tested on Windows 7)

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    Generally a nice theme. I like the different colors for channels, users and servers throughout the theme.
    However, I have a few suggestions:
    • Disabled menu items are hard to see. They are even harder to see while hovered.
    • Decide whether you want borders or not. The three main panes (tree, details, chat) have borders, everything else (especially chat/servers tabs, the chatbox and the (expanded) menus) doesn't. I personally like borders.
    • I find the rather big "pseudo-border" (the darker color around menus) confusing, especially as I have two columns of bookmarks where it fills the unused space in the second column.
    • I like themes with more details in the details pane.
    • Why are the hotkeys in bold font?
    • Link targets are barely visible in the status bar.

(Tested on Windows 7)
    In addition to that:

• As you may know, there are still a few white spots (emoticons, microphone options, ...)
    • Some links in the options menu (those blue ones) are a little dark
    • If you write something in chat, there's automatically a paragraph (i guess it's called that)
    • The refresh button seems a little strage to me
    • But one of the most important things are those borders numma_cway mentioned before

Still the best dark theme tho!

(Tested on Windows 10)

Thumbs up

First off all my apologies for my late response. Thank you for your feedback, numma_cway and monkyyx!

List
    * Disabled menu items are hard to see. They are even harder to see while hovered.
    - Adjusted.
    * Decide whether you want borders or not. The three main panes (tree, details, chat) have borders, everything else (especially chat/servers tabs, the chatbox and the (expanded) menus) doesn't. I personally like borders.
    - Fixed!
    * I find the rather big "pseudo-border" (the darker color around menus) confusing, especially as I have two columns of bookmarks where it fills the unused space in the second column.
    - Fixed!
    * I like themes with more details in the details pane.
    - When it comes to that I am unfortunately a puritan, which is why I haven't messed around too much with the .tpl's. What information would you like to see?
    * Why are the hotkeys in bold font?
    - Adjusted.
    * Link targets are barely visible in the status bar.
    - Fixed!

Quote Originally Posted by monkyyx View Post
    List
    * As you may know, there are still a few white spots (emoticons, microphone options, ...)
    - Added (how embarrassing I missed those). I assume with "microphone options" you mean the "Change volume" option on users?
    * Some links in the options menu (those blue ones) are a little dark
    - I am afraid I can't do anything in that regard. Unfortunately.
    * If you write something in chat, there's automatically a paragraph (i guess it's called that)
    - Please expand on that with a screenshot. Thank you.
    * The refresh button seems a little strange to me
    - Fixed!
    * But one of the most important things are those borders numma_cway mentioned before
    - Fixed!
    !
    Last edited by Brady_The; January 25th, 2016 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Bugs fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Brady_The View Post
    * I find the rather big "pseudo-border" (the darker color around menus) confusing, especially as I have two columns of bookmarks where it fills the unused space in the second column.
    - Please post a screenshot, I am afraid I do not see it 1 2, maybe due to the lack of bookmarks. Thank you.
    The stuff that's #1c1c1c.

* As you may know, there are still a few white spots (emoticons, microphone options, ...)
    - Added (how embarrassing I missed those). I assume with "microphone options" you mean the "Change volume" option on users?
    * If you write something in chat, there's automatically a paragraph (i guess it's called that)
    - Please expand on that with a screenshot. Thank you.
    * But one of the most important things are those borders numma_cway mentioned before
    - Please post screenshots as well. The more the merrier.
    !
    1. Yes, I meant those.
    2. At this point I'm not sure if it's a problem of the theme or mine. Have to figure that out!
    3. I will as soon as I'm home.

The stuff that's #1c1c1c.
    - Fixed!
    2. At this point I'm not sure if it's a problem of the theme or mine. Have to figure that out!
    3. I will as soon as I'm home.
    2. This is how my chat looks: https://i.sli.mg/mQjNTh.png
    3. I fixed the bug. No need for screenshots any more. Thank you!

If you hover any external web link in chat, the statusbar displays the link in the color of the newsticker (black).

Hi. Nice work. I need arrows at the top and bottom. Could it add? Wherever there are scrolls

http://prntscr.com/9ulw9r

Quote Originally Posted by Deireadh View Post
    Hi. Nice work. I need arrows at the top and bottom. Could it add? Wherever there are scrolls
    I am afraid I haven't planned anything in that regard. However, the "scroll button function" is still there if one wants to use it. Clicking on the usual location of the arrows will have the desired effect.
    Last edited by Brady_The; January 25th, 2016 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Bug fixed, thank you Chris.

Please provide a screenshot. I am unable to reproduce this behaviour neither in Windows 10, nor in Windows 7.
    That functionality is not available when the news ticker is being displayed. Close the News ticker and you should see it.
    In any case simply merge the definitions for "QStatusBar" and "QStatusBar QLabel" (Delete Lines 364 to 366 inclusive) and it should be fixed.

PS: You should probably also adjust the tpl, because right now, the custom nickname and channel type are displayed in dark blue, which makes it unreadable with that dark gray background.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

I'm not sure if this is a problem of my icon pack but the arrow next to the "AwayButton" is kinda dark/black.
    Another thing is that the server/channel group icons haven't enough space because of the arrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    That functionality is not available when the news ticker is being displayed. Close the News ticker and you should see it.
    In any case simply merge the definitions for "QStatusBar" and "QStatusBar QLabel" (Delete Lines 364 to 366 inclusive) and it should be fixed.

PS: You should probably also adjust the tpl, because right now, the custom nickname and channel type are displayed in dark blue, which makes it unreadable with that dark gray background.
    Cool, I never noticed this before. Thank you for your help! .tpl's are adjusted accordingly. Thank you.

I'm not sure if this is a problem of my icon pack but the arrow next to the "AwayButton" is kinda dark/black.
    Another thing is that the server/channel group icons haven't enough space because of the arrow.
    Both are fixed in the current version. :-)
    Last edited by Brady_The; January 25th, 2016 at 04:38 PM.

Both are fixed in the current version. :-)
    Very nice!
    When will you upload the updated version? Or is it already up?

Very nice!
    When will you upload the updated version? Or is it already up?
    My apologies, real life got in the way.

[URL REMOVED] you can get the newest version.
    Last edited by Brady_The; July 27th, 2016 at 10:10 AM. Reason: Please refer to the first thread comment for the newest version of DarkenTS. Thank you!

Thread Information