We are happy to make a beta version of our next major release available, coming with a ton of new features:
1) Support for my My TeamSpeak
Signing up for a My TeamSpeak account will allow you to synchronize your bookmarks, identities, hotkeys, whisper lists and channel subscriptions. Upcoming MyTeamSpeak features will include addons synchronization, addons update management, and more.
2) IPv6 support
This requires an up-to-date TeamSpeak server (>= 3.0.13).
3) Much improved echo cancellation system for better voice quality
4) New addon distribution system
Addons now install into the users appdata directory by default to avoid UAC requests when installing into Program files directory. Our new online addon install system is currently getting final touches and will be able later in this beta channel. For this we removed non-system plugins (Lua, Test plugins) from the base installation and will make them available via the online install. System addons will continue to be delivered via our update mechanism.
5) Overhauled TSDNS
The resolver will only look for a TSDNS server on top-level SRV records. This means that for a server name like super.fancy.teamspeak.com, the client will *ONLY* search for a TSDNS server with a SRV record named _tsdns._tcp.teamspeak.com. With this first 3.1 release we have started to dramatically improve our support for SRV records - like honoring priority and weight of SRV records - and we will continue to do so.
6) New Russian and Japanese translations
- We would recommend to backup your %APPDATA%\TS3Client config folder before updating to this beta. Importing legacy items should be done automatically, but just to be on the save side.
- This new client version requires some recent OpenGL libraries for hardware accelerated rendering
- On Windows it should just use your Nvidia or AMD drivers. Two fallback OpenGL libraries are included in the TeamSpeak installer, with a software renderer as last resort.
- On OS X OpenGl is already included
- On Linux you need to ensure proper OpenGL is available. As fallback, if you don't have or don't want to install Nvidia drivers, the Mesa libraries will work fine.
Please discussion this beta release in the already existing discussion thread.
To receive this update, you'll need to enable beta updates by selecting "Beta" in Settings -> Options -> Application -> Update Channel.
=== Client Release 3.1 10 Nov 2016
+ Added badges system. Redeem a code to receive special badges. Configure which
of these badges should be shown in the client. See Options / MyTeamSpeak page
+ Added -safemode commandline parameter to skip loading any plugins.
* In recent OS X versions, hotkeys may stop working after using the built-in
updater. When installing from a disk image, they work fine. We are currently
evaluating this issue.
If you are an OS X user and require hotkeys, consider using the disk image
installer instead of the updater.
- Fixed C++ redistributable update broken in beta-3
- Removed bluesky style as system addon, to be available as official addon from
the online addons page.
- Various fixes to item size problem. Increased item size limit. Added some
size restrictions to UI to avoid creating insanely big bookmarks.
- Various fixes to online addon installation. Temporarily disabled add-on
collections in client UI
- Fixed package installer on OS X
- Fixes to whisperlist renaming in the whisperlist dialog.
- Changes to recovery key requesting and applying logic.
- Updated visualization in collision dialog.
- Fixed broken Escape key in options dialog due to focus steal from qwebengine.
- Updated the check when the initial login/create dialog is shown: no existing
identities and no account data stored in settings database.
- myTeamSpeak intro widget will be shown only once, even if the login/create
account dialog triggers again.
- Added missing 16x16_myts_account.png to "Origin" iconpack (gfx/default.zip)
- Various fixes to channel subscription synchronisation.
- Adjusted createBookmark and guiConnect functions in plugin API to properly
with changed bookmark data structure.
- Fixed redirect in online addons page
+ Added online addon feature, see Options/Addons/Browser addons
- Fixes to hotkey adding and editing UI
- Fixed CSS search path in infoframe templates
- Some fixes to the max package size changes from beta-3
- Fixed some crashes uploaded via crashreport (thanks!)
+ Added Linux 32-bit client to beta channel.
(+ Added online addon feature, see Options/Addons/Browser addons -> is not part of beta 3)
+ Added whisperlist import/export to textfile, see contextmenu on the
synchronized/local lists in whisperlists dialog. Requested by users for
easier sharing of complex whisperlist setups.
* Do not consider a teredo tunnel as a routable ipv6 address. If there is no
other routable ipv6 address, this means the client will not try to resolve
* Updated sync network packages to protobuf 3. Once the sync server gets
updated a few days after beta-3 release, a beta-3 client is *required*.
- Fixed loading translations in package installer.
- Addon path lookup is now case insensitive.
- Fixed issue when deleting and adding items in one step at item limit.
- Fixed a few hotkeys which would trigger for each server tab with the same
hotkey profile (Switch to Server Tab, Connect to Server).
- Various fixes to synced hotkey profiles.
- Sort language, theme, iconpack comboboxes again as in pre-3.1
- Fixed various crashes found in crashdump reports.
- Fixed single instance check failing when using a master password (e.g.
starting from Overwolf would spawn multiple master password dialogs).
- Fixed whitespace-only nicknames being accepted as valid.
- Fixed IDN using proper punycode encoding.
- Protect client against banner change spam scripts.
- Fixed hotkey empty parenthesis display.
- Fixed limit check for synced whisperlists, dialog did not prevent remote
whisperlists getting over the item limit.
- Fixed "Changed" check for master password checkbox in Security options page.
- Fixed critical sync error with items exceeding the max item size. Split sync
into multiple steps in this case. If one item exceeds the max size, the item
will be ignored for syncing (you won't ever see this in normal use case).
- Fixed relative paths for soundscripts.
- Fixed a few recovery key issues.
* UI overhaul for account create/login dialogs, bookmarks and identities
* When creating an account via Options/Account, all existing local items will
be moved to remote if sync is enabled and automatic sync mode is used, based
on user feedback where people wondered why there is no synchronization but
had not realized the items were imported locally when they aborted the
first-run create account dialog.
* TSDNS now uses the list https://publicsuffix.org/list/public_suffix_list.dat
to determine at what level the client should query for a TSDNS server. It
will pick the domain 1 level below the domains on that list. For example: for
a.b.c.co.uk it will pick c.co.uk since co.uk is on that list.
- Fixed a bug where the password was not automatically stored into the password
field upon creating an account in the options dialog.
- Fixes for duplicated empty default hotkey profiles.
- Fixed permission descriptions not loading properly from permissions_<xx>.qm
- Fixed country flags not showing when located in APPDATA.
- Don't print server IP in servertab when connecting.
- Fixed some crashes found in crashdumps uploaded from our beta users (thanks!)
- Fixed whisper reply which threw an assertion.
- Fixed whisper legacy import messing up whisperlist uuids
- Fixed plugin API requestHotkeyInputDialog, the created hotkey was unusable
because some fields were not filled properly.
- Backported 3.0.19 unicode crash fix.
- Fixed rare SSL connection error to sync server on Windows.
- Changed "Global Nickname" to "Username"
- Changed "My TeamSpeak" to "myTeamSpeak"
+ Added support for myTeamSpeak. Signing up for a myTeamSpeak account will
allow you to synchronize your bookmarks, identities, hotkeys, whisper lists
and channel subscriptions. Upcoming myTeamSpeak features will include addons
synchronization, addons update management, and more.
+ Added IPv6 support
+ Filetransfer backend rewritten
+ New improved echo cancellation implementation
+ Addons now install into user directory by default, where no UAC is required
unless using a portable installation.
+ All backend for bookmarks, identities, hotkeys, whisperlists, subscriptions,
addons etc. rewritten, using new storage system across all devices.
+ New implementation of TSDNS. Important change: The client now only looks for
a TSDNS server on a toplevel SRV record. For server name a.b.c.d.e the client
will only search for a TSDNS server with a SRV record named _tsdns._tcp.d.e
+ Added russian and japanese translations.
+ Upgraded C++ runtime to Visual Studio 2015. Added support to install the
Microsoft C++ runtime package on demand during update process.
* Submenus temporarily removed from Self menu on OS X until we find a
workaround for Qt 5.6.1 issue with submenus not updating properly.