Forum

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

i have 2010 c++ thing, and i have net framework thing aswell

fixed it, just had to install certificate

Hello.

Have you try to reinitialize the computer? It's on this thread, posts #12 et al:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...503#post276503

Greetings.

Note: Ok, perfect. Thanks for including your solution.

Note2: Sorry, what certificate have you installed?
    Last edited by PotaBlava; April 18th, 2012 at 10:15 PM. Reason: Note: User has fixed the issue

the certificate one guy mentioned in one of these posts

Running TS3 under Vista and I download it, but when I try to open it it says "A referral was returned from the server." any ideas on how to get onto ts3?

Edit by mod
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...light=referral
    Last edited by dante696; April 5th, 2016 at 03:12 PM.

I recieved this message when I tried to open TS3

"c:\users\kaye\appdata\local\teamspeak3 client\tsclient_win32.exe" a referral was returned to the server

How do I fix it? I've re-downloaded ts3 twice and I get the same message.

http://forum.teamspeak.com/search.php for keywords like referral should do the trick.

Consistent Error Messaging and Failure to Begin

Continually receiving the message, "A referral was returned from the server".

I have noticed that a few others have had this issue and there is indeed a workaround at http://forum.teamspeak.com/archive/i...p/t-50391.html with a post made by a Skizo on 13-09-2010 at 08:54.

However before I add a certificate to the system I'd like to ensure that I will not be compromising its integrity and would like to know if the signatures currently attached to 'Client 64-bit 3.0.9.2
    SHA1: 5c06ed8b3b2943ecd9bfdaa5dd453bec4c349aac ' and 'Client 32-bit 3.0.9.2
    SHA1: ad92f4bba6e89f4998a18f142b494a2fe9234a67 ' are valid signatures indeed from Teamspeak.

The issue here may be that I do not accept certain forms of validation but I will manually add if approved by some employees here or if I misunderstand some light shed on the situation would be greatly appreciated. I've tried to look into it some more specifically in relation to Teamspeak but additional knowledge is always nice.

Thanks for the time and hopefully the insight, help, assistance, and guidance or collaboration towards a solution.

EDIT:

I have the latest C++ redistrubitable packages already.

I have the latest .Net.

I have reinstalled running as Administrator.

I use UAC.

Hm, by "latest" C++ redistributable you're refering to the latest 2008 one (x86/x64 depending on client version)? The thing is, major versions of vcredist aren't backwards compatible. TS requires the 2008 one, so 2010/2012 won't help. I wouldn't be aware TS would make use of .Net.
    You can check the hash validity directly on the official download page.

Open File properties of the setup file (if that's what you are referring to) or the actual client binary. Then click the digital signatures tab, double click the only entry in the list, click view certificate, certification path.
    All those Certificates should be valid and trusted by your operating system by default (unless you manually removed or blacklisted certain certificate authorities).
    As said for the setup installer package you can compare the hash directly on the download page where the hash is stated, if you need the actual client executable one I will see if I still have some old installation around.

I have the exact same problem here running on Win 7 Professional; same error message ("A referral..."). I installed the certificate as you suggested; however, it did not solve my problem. When I look at the certification path, all four certificates are listed as valid now, though; before, they weren't.

Running as the computer's administrator gives the same error message.

My VS redistributables are up to date; I installed the latest client (3.0.9.2) with the default settings (i.e., to C:\Program Files\). Reinstalling did not help; I also tried installing as a non-admin to a user-writable folder, but that did not help either.

I do use UAC.

Strangest thing: The same client runs on my notebook without any additional effort on Win 7 Home Premium, no administrative rights or certificates required.

Another thing I noticed: Windows says the 'Teamspeak Systems Gmbh' certificate expired november, 9th 2012.

I'm grateful for any ideas on how to get the client running again.

A Referral Was Returned From Server

I Recently Got a New Laptop The Other Day , I Downloaded Teamspeak and It Keeps Giving Me a Error Saying : A Referral Was Returned From Server

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0ff15c6aee72c252c73164cb6096f331.png 
Views:	208 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	7211 Thats What The Error Looks Like

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	c0b52e35c29a9791ec009a57e8631686.png 
Views:	181 
Size:	9.5 KB 
ID:	7212 My System Spec's

If Any One Knows How To Fix That Would Be Amazing <3

Hit Win+R (or click Start -> Run) and enter "secpol.msc" (without the quotes), confirm the UAC dialog / enter the admin Password in case you get asked.
    Then choose Local Policies -> Security Options and scroll all the way down.
    There you will find an option called "User Account Control: Only elevate executables that are signed and validated" double click it and set it to disabled.
    After that it should work flawlessly, if not do a reboot and try again.

:(

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Hit Win+R (or click Start -> Run) and enter "secpol.msc" (without the quotes), confirm the UAC dialog / enter the admin Password in case you get asked.
    Then choose Local Policies -> Security Options and scroll all the way down.
    There you will find an option called "User Account Control: Only elevate executables that are signed and validated" double click it and set it to disabled.
    After that it should work flawlessly, if not do a reboot and try again.

Mine is allready disabled , i enabled it and disabled it to see what would happend but no change

Thread Information