Forum

Disconnects cause: too many clones are already connected

Heyo my Teamspeak 3 newest version is disconnecting from my server sometimes every few minutes sometimes not for hours.
    as soon as it disconnects the error message: too many clones already connected. If this message appers i cant log in to that server for like 1 minute after that it works again. i googlet the problem and heared it is an common problem for windows 7 x64 :/
    could someone help me?and no im not using clones/ im nt connecting twice or some twisted stuff...also while this message appears i CAN go onto other servers...the only one i cant go for 1 minute is the server ive been when i got disconencted cause of: too many clones alreade connected -.-
    thx 4 help

If you are not admin on the server ask an admin to set your client permission i_client_max_clones to a higher number like 3-5 so this won't happen. Basically what is happening is that this permission is set too low and your identity doesn't time out fast enough and when your client tries to rejoin the server thinks you have too many of the same identity online at one time. After a short while the disconnected client actually times out and you can rejoin.

Hi.

Well but if "i_client_max_clones" it's set to a higher number, like 3-5, it will happen the new connection will be identify as a clon and a digit will be added to the nickname.

For exemple, if i'm connected as 08T123, with that solution they will appear 08T123 and 08T1231. Then 08T123 will be finally "disconnected" and i will be remain connected as 08T1231.

I think it would be better the client TS3 had a parameter to define the "delay for auto-reconnecting after connection lost", initialy set to 10-15 seconds, for exemple, but available for every user to adjust it according its connection circunstances.

Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by PotaBlava View Post
    Hi.

Well but if "i_client_max_clones" it's set to a higher number, like 3-5, it will happen the new connection will be identify as a clon and a digit will be added to the nickname.

For exemple, if i'm connected as 08T123, with that solution they will appear 08T123 and 08T1231. Then 08T123 will be finally "disconnected" and i will be remain connected as 08T1231.

I think it would be better the client TS3 had a parameter to define the "delay for auto-reconnecting after connection lost", initialy set to 10-15 seconds, for exemple, but available for every user to adjust it according its connection circunstances.

Regards.
    option a)
    I believe that wouldn't be needed in the first place as long as teamSpeak3 is low latency voice communication program. While in your case I betcha the low latency+stability of your connection(or system) should be checked/tested.
    Are you using wifi? how are you connected to the internet/TS3server ?

option b)
    Or remove old, create new identity if thats possible. (If your configuration folder for ts3client is on more than one location)

option c)
    teamspeak bug that occur on 1 of mil. users using it. ;-]

which one is it?

Thread Information