Forum

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Update

please update weblist dante thankyou.

Quote Originally Posted by Beca1qq4 View Post
    please update weblist dante thankyou.
    This update happens automatically in the beginning of every month.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? ||NPL (Registration)

IP Localization wrong

Hello,

i already posted something like that, my IP address is located in poland, but teamspeak shows me the france country flag at my clients, running on my Dedicated Windows Server, I've already contacted the third party company IP2Location, that they update their database with my IP. Now they have updated the IP in december and it should have been take affect 1st January 2017, but my clients still have the france country flag, the support of IP2Location told me to update my server but my server is running on the newest version (3.0.13.6 (08.11.2016 09:48:33)). Somebody knows how to proceed? Do I need to update anything on my side or is it teamspeak sided?
    Last edited by dante696; January 9th, 2017 at 10:45 AM. Reason: merged, all explained in post 1

Country

Hello. I use a TeamSpeak3 server,and I have been having some trouble with my location. TeamSpeak says that I am from the United States, but I am not. I am from Canada. Please help.
    Last edited by dante696; February 9th, 2017 at 07:37 AM. Reason: merged

Name:  TdmUgVmJhgs.jpg
Views: 154
Size:  179.7 KB
    there is a right in ip2location, but teamspeak given a luxembourg flag

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    I Repeat.
    You (the server host) must install the latest server or wait for a newer version if this was the latest to get a new country database.
    Important part underlined. There is no newer server version at this moment.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread? ||NPL (Registration)

Wrong language shown on Client

The client says my IP is from Holland, which is wrong. My internet provider bought some IPS earlier used by someone in Holland and they cant fix it. I am really from denmark, can anyone help me changing this?
    Last edited by dante696; May 29th, 2017 at 03:50 PM. Reason: merged

Es wäre besser das auch TeamSpeak Systems Updates der Location macht bei Nachfrage.

Oder mann setzt für Europa auch noch auf die RIPE API.

IP2Location arbeitet bei Nachfrage nicht Ordnungsgemäß.

Ich schlage auch noch Maxmind vor.

Und zum Thema Server Liste habe ich ein Feedback ja schon eingereicht.

Missing Nationflag

Heya i had a Åland Island flag a few updates back now all of the sudden it got changed to a Finnish flag.
    Was the Åland Island flag removed or just lost in one of the updates?

Would love to se it back since there is quite a huge diffrance between Finland & Åland.
    Last edited by dante696; August 18th, 2017 at 07:27 AM. Reason: merged

Quote Originally Posted by scorpidoo View Post
    Was the Åland Island flag removed or just lost in one of the updates?
    We havn't changed any flag or contry with last updates.
    The flag ax.png is still there in file TeamSpeak 3 Client\gfx\countries.zip

The server you are on has an outdated "IP to country" database and doesn't know where you are from.

Manually fix IP resolve

As far as I know, TeamSpeak acquires the IP address resolving database from some third party. However, I've noticed that sometimes incorrect country is displayed even when the server is up to date. I can only guess that updated databases come in quarterly or so from the third party.
    Is there a way to manually fix it myself?
    Last edited by dante696; September 16th, 2017 at 12:38 PM. Reason: merged

The country database is hard coded in the server.
    The update for the countries comes whitin a new ts server release.

The only thing you can do is to wait for the next server update when you already own the latest version.

Ah, I see.

I followed the steps in first post to check the IP in question and it shows correct information. So once the next server update comes, it should update all the current IP resolves? Or is there a chance that a new database won't be grabbed every time, so I should give it at least a few server updates before expecting a fix?

Yes the next server update will use/resolve the same location that can be found on http://www.ip2location.com/free.asp .
    Normal server updates always include an update for the country database. Only server hot fixes have a chance that there is no database update.

Thread Information