Forum

Antiflood in the permission system

Hello Dear Ladies and Gentlemen from TeamSpeak Systems GmbH,

we often have the problem that guests switch through 20 channels spamming things but also don't want to restrict our regular users.

It would be very great if you could implement permission side antiflood settings that we could assign per servergroup and not only server-side which would affect all groups (except ignore_antiflood - which members shouldn't have as they'd be able to move all users from the whole server to a single channel; this can be misused very badly).

With friendly regards
    Last edited by bbqeater; April 12th, 2014 at 05:42 PM.

serverinstance_serverquery_flood_commands per client

I'd like to see a way to set serverinstance_serverquery_flood_commands by permission. It makes absolutely no sense that guests can issue the same amount of commands as the server's Admin Server Query before getting banned. I know, there is a whitelist, but as long as TeamSpeak uses IPv4 and most people are therefore using dynamic IPs, this is not a viable solution.
    This permission could either be a boolean allowing Admin Server Query to ignore the query flood control or a permission that does the same as the serverinstance_serverquery_flood_commands property.

Hi Numma, thanks for your post.
    Is there any news on this topic?

Actually, my post got moved here. It doesn't have much to do with what you proposed, because your proposal is for voice clients on virtual servers, mine is for query clients on instances. Well, it's both about flooding.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    Actually, my post got moved here. It doesn't have much to do with what you proposed, because your proposal is for voice clients on virtual servers, mine is for query clients on instances. Well, it's both about flooding.
    @numma_cway: What do you think about this?
    I have connected to my licensed server with Yatqa using "serveradmin"+password --> Servers --> Select one virtual server --> Users --> The AdminServerQuery appears in the default channel, so Click on it --> In the block "User", It has a Global ID --> Copy to clipboard --> With the normal client and the normal virtual server admin user for this virtual server--> Permissions --> User Permission --> Paste the Global ID and assign to this user "b_client_ignore_antiflood" --> Theorically, in this virtual server the 'serveradmin' should work as it was in the whitelist even from a dynamic IP. Does it work for you? (Sorry, I can't test if this would work).

Thread Information