Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Stefan1200 View Post
    Same here. But I also like the "simple 2 way secure handshake" described by Kubuxe at Yesterday, 19:54.

If possible I would implement the unencrypted "simple 2 way secure handshake" to my JTS3ServerMod, but not the TLS encryption idea.
    I agree. I don't want to ship that libeay with YaTQA, as I don't agree to its license terms.

Then use LibreSSL, OpenSSL, GnuTls, there are various libraries.

Altough I would suggest a complete rework of the whole query aspect in TS3. More in the way RCON protocol of various game servers, or something with a HTTP, but get rid of the telnet output parsing.

Quote Originally Posted by fspower View Post
    Altough I would suggest a complete rework of the whole query aspect in TS3. More in the way RCON protocol of various game servers, or something with a HTTP, but get rid of the telnet output parsing.
    Please not, I like it how it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stefan1200 View Post
    Please not, I like it how it is now.
    That settles it then I guess? No need to change anything, we like that Thread resolved :P
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

LOL, no. This thread is about adding any security to query. Stefan was talking about changing the whole query system.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    This thread is about adding any security to query. Stefan was talking about changing the whole query system.
    Exactly. I like the current telnet way, and I don't have problems to parse it. But I understand that it would be useful to make the login password a little bit more secure without switching to TLS/SSL, if possible.

Just a reminder to TS developers: Openssh protocol is... OPEN

Just a reminder for you all. They are already making money on this software. They just want to sit and earn. It is a conclusion after reading threads on this forum. So we won't have new features that aren't flashy buttons for users.

ssh [email protected] telnet localhost 10011
    Ergo, you have secure connection to TS3 query console.

Quote Originally Posted by Kubuxu View Post
    Stefan1200 stated right point. Currently to use SQ remotely you should consider using VPN or tunnelling as sending something in the internet like shouting throughout a window.
    Using a VPN is useless because the VPN provider techs/owners can have access to your credentials. I agree it should be secured but I do not know of any easy way this could be implemented. It would most likely require a special client. Remember, they even removed query out of the TS client so I highly doubt they will actively take steps to add it back with security. But that would be the only method I could think of. Add query back to the client and have that connection be secure and separate from the telnet port which is unencrypted.

The VPN server can be the TS server (If ou are hosting in your server)

Quote Originally Posted by barricas View Post
    The VPN server can be the TS server (If ou are hosting in your server)
    To make it secure the TS server must be the VPN server, in any other case there would be some hops with unsecure traffic.

Or you can use Putty to SSH to localhost on the server. But the point is any of those options only work if you are hosting yourself. Most people rent servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Barungar View Post
    To make it secure the TS server must be the VPN server, in any other case there would be some hops with unsecure traffic.
    You can still host a VPN server and TS on different machines. VPN connection can be encrypted between those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Morthawt View Post
    Using a VPN is useless because the VPN provider techs/owners can have access to your credentials.
    Care to explain?

Thread Information