Forum

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Change the slots to 32 first and then stop your server.
    Remove the license key.
    Start your server.
    --> done

If your license was removed already and you can not start - Read post #2 of this thread.

If this is a rented server -> ask your host to give you a snapshot of your server.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

License expired, server won't start, how to roll back to 32 slots?

Hello everybody,

our 1 year license with 128 slots ran out today. Unfortunately our community can't afford a new license and we are thinking of trying to get a NPL. Last year we got denied because we had no website or anything else. This changed recently and I already spoke to the support that this would be possible.

But now to my temporally problem. Because the server wants to start with 128 slots it is not reachable. I read that we have to roll back to 32 slots in order to get the server up again. Without a running server I can't log me into the server query or at least I am unsure how to do that. Our TeamSpeak3 server is running on an Ubunutu 14.04 server. Any way of restricting the size of the server through the ts3server.ini or somehow differently?

Regards from Germany,

Manuel Dürr
    Last edited by dante696; October 27th, 2016 at 11:04 PM. Reason: merged, see post 2 for needed commands

Start teamspeak (instance 0), log into server query, reduce slots on virtual server x and start virtual server x.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    You may read the full server log.
    You already have 1 log file for server instance and one for each virtual server.

I guess your server trys to start with 512 slots and this is not possible without a license.

These are the commands for the query, to change the slots and to start the server.
    Code:
    login serveradmin yourpassword
    use 1 -virtual
    serveredit virtualserver_maxclients=32
    use 0
    serverstart sid=1
    I have tried this, but it doesn't seem to have solved the issue (its definitely a max clients issue)

is tehre a way to check the max clients setting from the commend prompt?

Quote Originally Posted by totalE View Post
    I have tried this, but it doesn't seem to have solved the issue (its definitely a max clients issue)
    But this is exactly the way to solve this. You may need to select a different server id.

Quote Originally Posted by totalE View Post
    is there a way to check the max clients setting from the commend prompt?
    serverinfo is the command you need to check the current slots.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Max slot limit reached

I've had a couple of virtualservers with NPL, but I lost the licence. Now I want to keep one of that virtualserver, but all I'm getting is max slot limit reached message. I've already deleted the other virtualservers and decreased maxclients value, but I'm still getting this error. Bellow are some configs.
    Code:
    serverlist
    virtualserver_id=2 virtualserver_port=9988 virtualserver_status=offline virtualserver_name=****** virtualserver_autostart=1 virtualserver_machine_id
    error id=0 msg=ok

use sid=2
    error id=1033 msg=server\sis\snot\srunning

serveredit sid=2 virtualserver_maxclients=5
    error id=0 msg=ok

serverinfo
    virtualserver_unique_identifier virtualserver_name=TeamSpeak\s]I[\sServer virtualserver_welcomemessage=Welcome\sto\sTeamSpeak,\scheck\s[URL]www.teamspeak.com[\/URL]\sfor\slatest\sinformation virtualserver_maxclients=3 virtualserver_password virtualserver_created=0 virtualserver_codec_encryption_mode=0 virtualserver_hostmessage virtualserver_hostmessage_mode=0 virtualserver_filebase=files virtualserver_default_server_group=0 virtualserver_default_channel_group=0 virtualserver_flag_password=0 virtualserver_default_channel_admin_group=0 virtualserver_max_download_total_bandwidth=18446744073709551615 virtualserver_max_upload_total_bandwidth=18446744073709551615 virtualserver_hostbanner_url virtualserver_hostbanner_gfx_url virtualserver_hostbanner_gfx_interval=0 virtualserver_complain_autoban_count=5 virtualserver_complain_autoban_time=1200 virtualserver_complain_remove_time=3600 virtualserver_min_clients_in_channel_before_forced_silence=100 virtualserver_priority_speaker_dimm_modificator=-18.0000 virtualserver_antiflood_points_tick_reduce=5 virtualserver_antiflood_points_needed_command_block=150 virtualserver_antiflood_points_needed_ip_block=250 virtualserver_hostbutton_tooltip virtualserver_hostbutton_url virtualserver_hostbutton_gfx_url virtualserver_download_quota=18446744073709551615 virtualserver_upload_quota=18446744073709551615 virtualserver_needed_identity_security_level=8 virtualserver_log_client=0 virtualserver_log_query=0 virtualserver_log_channel=0 virtualserver_log_permissions=1 virtualserver_log_server=0 virtualserver_log_filetransfer=0 virtualserver_min_client_version=1445512488 virtualserver_name_phonetic virtualserver_icon_id=0 virtualserver_reserved_slots=0 virtualserver_weblist_enabled=1 virtualserver_hostbanner_mode=0 virtualserver_channel_temp_delete_delay_default=0 virtualserver_min_android_version=1407159763 virtualserver_min_ios_version=1407159763 virtualserver_status=template
    error id=0 msg=ok

serverstart sid=2
    error id=2817 msg=max\sslot\slimit\sreached
    I guess that the serverinfo output isn't for sid=2, but idk what I'm doing wrong.

I would be thankfull for any help.
    Last edited by dante696; March 2nd, 2017 at 11:50 PM. Reason: merged

Quote Originally Posted by NoeHope View Post
    I guess that the serverinfo output isn't for sid=2, but idk what I'm doing wrong.
    neither was your server edit. You can only edit things on the server you've currently selected. So you'd need to select the server before editing.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Edit offline virtual private server?

Hello, it came to my attention that my server was using a NPL issued to a different server that has been shut down by it's owner. This license was not issued to my community and it has been disabled earlier today.

Right now I'm trying to launch my server, and it says that the max slots has been exceeded. I can't launch my server to edit it, and I can't find the max slots settings anywhere in the files. How do I set the max slots?
    Last edited by dante696; July 26th, 2017 at 08:18 AM. Reason: merged, see post #2

Start Teamspeak Server.
    Select the virtual server 1 with option "virtual" (use sid=1 -virtual)
    Edit the Virtual Server reducing the slots.
    Deselect virtual server 1 (use sid=0)
    Start Virtual Server 1
    ...be happy, again ...

Renew a license or use the "unlicensed"

My license expired, of course right on a weekend. I don't know what the account info is, and I don't even think I set up an account. Is there a way I can renew the license with the license ID or temporarily switch to the non licensed version until Monday when I can contact sales?
    Last edited by dante696; January 22nd, 2018 at 11:03 AM. Reason: merged

Sure you can use the server without your license as long you have no commercial/profit/business background and only use that server as a private person.

But you have to change the amount of slots and sued virtual servers.
    https://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/...hlight=expired

License expired, connection failed.

Hi,

So my paid license expired last night and since then I cannot connect to my server. Does the license not automatically downgrade to free status after expiration or do I have to completely reinstall the server? The server is run via a VPS and everything is working; the server stops and starts like usual but nobody can connect. The only difference is that now the license has expired. Any insight would be appreciated.

Mick

You need to stop all your virtual server first and then you need to fix the slots (see post #2) and then you can start that one server.

how to return back to 32 slot free version?

Hello!

We had a commercial license not because we are commercial server but we just needed more slots, now we have only few gamers in our closed group and would like use TS again. Commercial license has expired while ago, how to return to free version but keep the configuration?
    Last edited by dante696; January 23rd, 2019 at 11:05 PM. Reason: merged

How do I change number of slots without starting server?

I used to have an NPL server, however it expired on the 6th, now when I try to launch my TS3 server it is giving me issues and won't start. I think it's because it's still trying to start with 512 slots rather than 32, is there anyway I can change the slot count to 32? I tried to look around on this forum, however the best I could find simply said to put some code into "the query" which I can't find where that is or what it is talking about.

I'm currently using a Ubuntu 3.9.1 server.
    Last edited by dante696; August 14th, 2019 at 10:10 AM. Reason: merged

Thread Information