Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Server with more than one IP

I have a server with two ips and a domain that points to IP1. I can connect just fine when I use IP1 or IP2 directly but connecting to the domain only works after I connected to one of the IPs before.

The docs say that " Default: The server is bound on any IP address" but it does not want to work. I now start the server with the "voice_ip IP1" parameter so it should work, still it somestimes breaks and people have to connect to the IP first. Any idea?

I tried to reproduce this and got mostly the same result.

Not setting "voice_ip" does make the server listen on 0.0.0.0 as specified.
    However, I can't connect to it using anything but the first IP on my interface.

After doing that once, suddenly the other IPs work just as well, as do the host names.
    That's really odd.
    Last edited by Gnarfoz; July 12th, 2014 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Adjust wording for fanatics

I can't reproduce your issue. Check your network configuration. My server is running fine. Yes, with two ISP's.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnarfoz View Post
    However, I can't connect to it using anything but the first IP of the interface TS is listening on.
    Learn the terms before writing posts.
    TS does not bind to interfaces at all. Only IP's. And by default it binds to 0.0.0.0, as you stated. Means, yeah, every available IP in the system, even if they change, being added or removed.

My server is running fine, too. Definitely not a config issue.
    Last edited by Razilla; July 11th, 2014 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ANR Daemon View Post
    I can't reproduce your issue. Check your network configuration. My server is running fine. Yes, with two ISP's.

Learn the terms before writing posts.

TS does not bind to interfaces at all. Only IP's. And by default it binds to 0.0.0.0, as you stated. Means, yeah, every available IP in the system, even if they change, being added or removed.
    Are you for real?
    You just called IPs "ISP's" a sentence earlier and are now picking on my choice of words?

I meant the first IP of those that are attached to that interface (I know that should not be relevant - but hey, it should also work on all IPs). None of the others work, even though they clearly fall under "every available IP in the system".

So, please, get lost.
    "You're holding it wrong" is not helpful, especially when you're not suggesting anything in particular we might be doing wrong.

Internet Service Provider.
    Learn some terminology, please.

Would love to get an actual response from the devs about this issue.

There's no issue.

Yes there is, even if it is only in the docs.

There's no issue, that can be solved from TS3 side. You have issues with your network configuration.
    Fix it, and it'll work for any network service you want to run, including TS3.

Thread Information