Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Hybrid View

Server Crash in getClientNickNameAndUIDFromDBID (not the first time)

Hello,

yesterday our entire teamspeak server crashed with this being the last line in the server's logfile:

Code:
    2014-07-11 20:43:50.309564|CRITICAL|VirtualServer |  1| Assertion "m_pChanClients->getClientNickNameAndUIDFromDBID(clientDatabaseID, clientNick, clientUID) == ERROR_ok" failed at server/serverlib/virtualserver_ts3.cpp:7219;

Today it just happened again, with the same error:

Code:
    2014-07-12 17:58:04.078052|CRITICAL|VirtualServer |  1| Assertion "m_pChanClients->getClientNickNameAndUIDFromDBID(clientDatabaseID, clientNick, clientUID) == ERROR_ok" failed at server/serverlib/virtualserver_ts3.cpp:7219;

For yesterday's crash im pretty sure that it happened exactly when I tried to delete a complaint which was made about "<invalid client>". Today I'm not sure what caused it, eventually a moderator tried a similar thing.
    (EDIT: Just got a confirmation that one of our mods tried to delete a "<invalid client>" complaint when the server crashed)

Please try to investigate and bring out a hotfix or workaround as soon as possible.

EDIT: The server is running on Debian's stable dist, ts server versuib 3.0.10.3
    Last edited by Linnun; July 14th, 2014 at 12:29 PM.

After some more testing, here are additional testing results:

- It seems to happen every time when you try to delete a complaint which was either made by or made for "<invalid client>"
    - When you delete such a complaint, the server will immediately crash. After restarting the server, the complaint is deleted
    - I believe an <invalid client> entry appears, when a client wasn't online for a certain time (1 month?)

The username in a complaint was never <invalid client>, when user was deleted after x days not connected to the server.
    Also when i manually delete the user out of the client list.
    Tested on MySQL and SQLite

The only way to trigger <invalid client>, was to delete the user manually out of the dataabse. But the server did not crash.

I create a ticket for this, even when I can not reproduce it.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

The server is running with SQLite. I'm the only one with access to the root server and never manually deleted users from the db.

I'm actually very confident that old users get deleted from the database because:

sqlite> select max(client_id) from clients;
    sqlite> select count(client_id) from clients;
    Since, as mentioned, I never deleted users manually, I can only imagine this to be causing the issue.

Maybe the old user needs to be deleted for inactivity and then the server needs to restart before the username in the complaint list gets corrupted?

Server 3.0.11 will add a fix for this crash and for <invalid client>.

We know now how <invalid client> comes up.
    This happens, when the user was deleted and rejoins with the same identitdy.
    The same problem exists for temp passwords.

But we could not reproduce the crash.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Today my server had an similar crash, outputting this:
    Code:
    2014-11-14 18:13:10.339461|CRITICAL|VirtualServer |  1| Assertion "m_pChanClients->getClientNickNameAndUIDFromDBID(clientDatabaseID, clientNick, clientUID) == ERROR_ok" failed at server/serverlib/virtualserver_ts3.cpp:7219;
    I was using 3.0.10.3 , I'm upgrading to 3.0.11.1 right now
    Last edited by ToFran; November 14th, 2014 at 08:25 PM.

Thread Information