Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Game laggs when Teamspeak is running

Good evening,

For a long time now I have an annoying issue with TS3 and my favourite games

Always when:

- Teamspeak is opened on my second monitor

- I receive a message on TS3

- I am being poked on TS3

- I receive a message on steam and the Icon is lighting up in the taskbar

... My game starts to lagg but its not like a bad connection lag but more like micro lagg which makes the game unplayable

I have no idea where this problem is coming from but I reckon its related to Windows 10 and its permissions. I think there is an issue with the different windows even though the games are lagging no matter if they run on fullscreen or windowed. Its very annoying because I always have to go to the desktop and read the message I received in teamspeak to stop the lag in game.

My specs:

EVGA GTX 1080 FTW

I7 4770K @ 4,2Ghz

16GB RAM 2400Mhz DDR-3

480GB SSD & 1TB HDD

Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit

MSI Z87 Motherboard

Acer Predator XB240HAbpr ( Main Monitor with G-Sync ) 144Hz

Eizo Foris FS24 60Hz

I'm open for any ideas. Reinstalling windows doesn't help though and is no option.

-Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by dante696; May 22nd, 2018 at 07:16 AM. Reason: merged

Affecting refresh rate of other programs when TS is on another monitor

When I have Teamspeak open on another monitor and in fullscreen it tends to affect other programs I am using on my main montitor. For example a web browser will not scroll at my refresh rate of 144 but instead will go to 60. When I minimise Teamspeak and click back onto my browser it goes straight back to 144. What could be the cause of this?

Teamspeak 3 News Banner Issue

Hello,

I noticed that the banner which scrolls across the bottom of the Teamspeak 3 client causes the refresh rates of any monitors that you're using to be limited to the refresh rate of the monitor that the Teamspeak 3 client is on.

Let's say you have 2 monitors. One has a refresh rate of 144hz and the other has a refresh rate of 60hz. The TS3 client window is on the monitor which has a refresh rate of 60hz. Your other monitor, has a refresh rate of 144hz but will only run at 60hz when the banner is scrolling across the screen on the 60hz monitor. Closing the banner (clicking the 'x' by it) resolves this issue, but it still is a problem nonetheless and people who are not aware of this issue may be frustrated.

Bug is present from 3.1.6 through 3.1.8

Thank you for your time. :)
    Last edited by dante696; May 22nd, 2018 at 07:13 AM. Reason: merged, old and known issue

Thread Information