Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Monitor with 144Hz is laggy while TS is opened

I am having a really weird issue. My main monitor is 144Hz and my second monitor is a regular 60Hz. When Teamspeak is up on my second monitor my first monitor feels like it is running at 60Hz or lower. As soon as I minimize Teamspeak on the second monitor my first monitor feels really smooth and responsive again. This is only happening with teamspeak. I have tried running multiple other programs on the second monitor and none of them cause this weird lag on the main monitor.

Possible solution is to close the new sticker. This can be done on client bottom where an X can be found.

You gave no detailsabout hardware and os. Please check, that all of your drivers are updated.
    We could not reproduce this on:
    Windows 8
    Monitor1: BenQ XL24T
    Monitor 2: Samsung 2450
    Nvidia GTX 660 ti
    Last edited by dante696; May 22nd, 2018 at 07:15 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

No Problem here with neither three monitors on a Win 7 computer nor an extra screen on a Win XP laptop. Both have AMD cards.

On Windows XP, using certain graphic effects (e.g. semi-transparency, real-time window shapes) slow down games a lot. Maybe some skins or plugins of TS cause this for you...

Sorry for slightly necro'ing this topic, but:

I have the same issue. My hardware and OS:

GPU: GeForce GTX 570
    Display 1: AOC 2470W
    Display 2: AOC 2436pwa

I have the latest nVidia Drivers installed, which are 340.52. All settings in the nVidia Panel are set to Default.

I can have any kind and any amount of windows open on the 2nd Monitor and have no lag, but whenever I have Teamspeak maximized on it, the 1st Display lags.

EDIT: Just noticed the same issue with having the GitHub Client maximized on the 2nd Monitor. So it might not be only related to Teamspeak.

TS3 client brings 120hz monitor setup to 60hz

I have a dual monitor setup with a 120hz monitor as the main screen. I noticed that if I ran the TS3 client in the second monitor while running a 120hz program in the other, my framerate will jump from 120 to 60 and back sporadically. If the client windows stays on the main screen, all seems to be fine.

**edit: I did some testing and found out what exactly on the TS3 client window makes my framerate lock to 60. The first thing I want to mention is that my framerate wasn't sporadically jumping around. I probably thought it was because I was alt-tabbing a lot.

So what I found out is that only the scrolling news feed on the bottom of the window will lock my fps at 60. I tested this by leaving TS3 open on my second screen and covering different portions of it with another window while checking how it changed the framerate in my game. On closer inspection I noticed an x to stop the news feed and when it was closed I got a constant 120hz framerate. I haven't found a way to permanently disable the news feed so if anybody knows a way, please post. I hope this helps!
    Last edited by DrKukary; September 24th, 2014 at 06:25 PM.

Late confirmation

Quote Originally Posted by Spacecraft View Post
    I am having a really weird issue. My main monitor is 144Hz and my second monitor is a regular 60Hz. When Teamspeak is up on my second monitor my first monitor feels like it is running at 60Hz or lower. As soon as I minimize Teamspeak on the second monitor my first monitor feels really smooth and responsive again. This is only happening with teamspeak. I have tried running multiple other programs on the second monitor and none of them cause this weird lag on the main monitor.
    This is EXACTLY what I am going through with. I know this is a late reply but I made an account just to confirm this weird issue. When Teamspeak is on the 2nd monitor, my game's fps stays the same but my main monitor operates like it is back at 60hz (choppy/laggy). If Teamspeak is minimized, then all is fine.

I have a 120hz monitor; 2nd monitor is 60hz.

Relevant Specs:
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    i7-4790K
    GTX 980

I am having the same issue;

Specs:

Windows 8.1 64-bit
    i7-4770k
    Dual GTX 770

I also have one display running at 120hz and 1 at 60hz - when teamspeak is OPEN (viewing the GUI) on the 60hz monitor and the game (in this case oldschool runescape) is open on the 120hz monitor - the lag occurs. HOWEVER if i move teamspeak to the 120hz monitor and the game to the 60hz monitor this issue does not occur.

Like other posters have said this only occurs when you are viewing the ts3 window - not when the application is simply running.

Any info/help on this topic would be greatly appreciated

EDIT: also forgot to mention that I tried to completely uninstall ts3 and remove all setting and then reinstall - still no luck. Also all drivers are up to date.

I am sorry for necro'ing this thread but I still have no solution to this issue... it's very frusturating.

I have figured out the solution! I've had this problem for a very long time, and I've looked for a solution before to no avail. I googled this question after getting annoyed again leading to this post. I concluded that it has to be something graphic related. The only graphic related thing in Teamspeak is the news bar on the bottom! Much to my surprise, right clicking and disabling it fixed it! I created this account just to share this info. Hope it works for you

This worked; you are the man! Thanks for making an account to provide this solution I appreciate it!

No problem dude! Glad it worked!

Teamspeak Affecting Refresh Rate of Monitor

Hi,

I just notice this today... I have two monitors, one that is 75Hz (on my left) and one that is 144Hz (on my right/center) I started to realize that my 144Hz monitor was choppy when moving a window around. I double checked my Windows settings and monitor settings and it was all verified 144Hz. I mistakenly minimized everything and then randomly tested it again and then boom! I could notice 144Hz again. Really smooth. However... When I brought the Teamspeak application back up it went back to being choppy/not 144Hz. I can't tell you why this is happening. But just a bug I'd thought I would report.

Attached is my DxDiag (along with my monitor details)

GPU: GTX 1070 w/ G-Sync enabled
    TS Version: 3.1.4

THIS ONLY HAPPENS WHEN THE CLIENT IS OPENED ON MY 75HZ MONITOR ON THE LEFT.
    Attached Files Attached Files

This feel like such a strange error
    I'm going to assume that this is only happening with teamspeak exclusively (if it's not, there might be something else wrong with the system)
    But, does it occur only when you are connected to a server? or at any point when the application is running

I am unsure, but running teamspeak with '--force-opengl-desktop' parameter might show some improvement but using the old render engine

OpenGL will rather not help. Software might do: --force-opengl-soft

thanks, I'm not totally familiar with the new parameters

Thread Information