Forum

Problems with codec opus music

Hello ,

On my teamspeak 3 server , i am using the codec OPUS MUSIC with the best quality 10/10.

I have always about 100 Online people it's a musical project .

But for a few of them , when they are talking they are talking only on left or right headphone .

It's realy anoying the others users . It's due because they are using a microphone with dual channel .

You need to implent one options for the once who have thoses problems ... to let them talk in center and not only on 1 channel .

PLEASE .

Sincerly,

Problems with codec opus music

Hey guys,
    I have the Problem with the codec opus music. When i talk to the other people in my channel they only can hear me on their right ear. Also my voice is distorted a little bit
    Without this codec is everything fine :/
    I didn't see any other post with that problem so I hope that someone of you can help me

Thanks a lot, I hope you can help me and sorry for my english skills

Do you have a stereo microphone? It's the only coded, that supports stereo input.

Please consider -->> This codes setup wasn't implemented and optimized for talking.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Use Opus Voice instead?

Problem with Musicchannel in TS3

Hello,

I've got a problem, and have absolutly no idea how I can fix it. I'm using TeamSpeak3 on Windows 8.1 and it runs without any trouble, exept when I'm speaking in an Channel with the "Opus Music" option needed for an Musicbot. I can hear all clearly, but my mates can only hear me at one single ear. I'm the only one with this problem.

Is there any trouble with Win8.1, or did I make any mistakes in the settings? Do you have any idea about what I can try to fix this?

Greetings,
    Armond
    Last edited by dante696; November 7th, 2014 at 08:21 AM. Reason: merged

You may ask first why we call it "Opus Music". It's not made for conversations.

Maybe you own a soundcard, that offers stereo input from a microphone. but you only send in mono.

Do not use this codec for talking.
    This is the only solution for this.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Ok, I see.
    I just wonder why I'm the only one on the server with this problem, but nevermind.

Because your sound card or headset reports a stereo microphone that doesn't exist. Ask sound card manufacturer. This is not related to TS at all.

Quote Originally Posted by lucky40990 View Post
    Hello ,

On my teamspeak 3 server , i am using the codec OPUS MUSIC with the best quality 10/10.

I have always about 100 Online people it's a musical project .

But for a few of them , when they are talking they are talking only on left or right headphone .

It's realy anoying the others users . It's due because they are using a microphone with dual channel .

You need to implent one options for the once who have thoses problems ... to let them talk in center and not only on 1 channel .

PLEASE .

Sincerly,
    May be 3 years later, but this can be fixxed if you right click the channel, click on 3d sound, tick the box (bottom left corner) "Activate 3D Sound" and click on apply.

Activation of 3D Sound from the user who speaks will not help to solve this. User will still hear him on one side.
    Activation of 3D Sound from the user who listens and hear the user from one side only will solve this, but every user has to setup 3D sound just because one user uses a misconfigured setup.

Not using a stereo coded with a mono input for voice stays the best solution.
    In short: Do not use Opus Music for voice.

Thread Information