Forum

TS3 Random Packet Loss with Stable Ping

Hi there all,

Recently I got a new wi-fi extender due to my house's layout and the fact that I cannot run an ethernet cable from the router to my desktop, I simply run one from the extender to my tower. Before installing this, I had many issues with these very brief freezes/ping spikes. You can see what i'm talking about in this video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gs4cuk6NdQ Now when I went to test my new extender I was no longer experiencing this issue in-game. However, I am still experiencing packet loss issues with my teamspeak client. I seem to always have high packet loss which can range from 0%-15% or even higher sometimes. Below is an example of what i'm experiencing:

http://cloud.dloaded.com/i/53c6f9a48bd05.png

Now my ping is fine and never shows any issues of spiking yet my packet loss seems to keep rising and becoming an issue. I am honestly quite lost and do not know why this is doing this.

Packet loss and ping don't need to jump up at the same time.
    You can have a ping of 20 and even 40%% packet loss.

Please try this with another device, when it happens since you use this externder.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Packet loss and ping don't need to jump up at the same time.
    You can have a ping of 20 and even 40%% packet loss.

Please try this with another device, when it happens since you use this externder.
    Yeah I tested it wireless with my phone (Samsung Galaxy s3) and a Toshiba Laptop and still was experiencing packet loss. I then connected straight to my modem with the laptop and was still getting packet loss, so it looks like I need a new modem. Now since I have a cable and internet plan from Comcast should I just get them to install a new one or just go buy one at the store?

Hey,
    I'm experiencing this as well, but in a different situation: I installed a TS3 server on a VPS and my friends and I get a steady ping around 20ms. But this evening we suddenly got paket loss >40% (voices went robot, noone could understand noone). As far as i know, everyone is connected by different routers, but all wired, so there should be no connection issues.

Someone knows a solution for this?

Quote Originally Posted by Phenom94 View Post
    Hey,
    I'm experiencing this as well, but in a different situation: I installed a TS3 server on a VPS and my friends and I get a steady ping around 20ms. But this evening we suddenly got paket loss >40% (voices went robot, noone could understand noone). As far as i know, everyone is connected by different routers, but all wired, so there should be no connection issues.

Someone knows a solution for this?
    This is resolved topic and you probably picked a wrong forum because it's not client related.

Anyway, this may be the result of:

• DDoS on the data center network (use mrtg or winmtr to find out).
    • DDoS on your VPS (on Linux use iptraf to find out or check any network monitor at the VPS side when the problem occurs).
    • Another network related problem on the route to the data center.

Your VPS provider should give you an additional information on this.

If this is a Linux VPS you can also check if there are errors on the interface, use the ifconfig command to find out.

Thread Information