Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Binding IPS, so that clients can have dedicated IPS

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out how I can have a teamspeak 3 service, with TCAdmin change that IP and port, so that its on a dedicated IP. Can anyone help me? I know teamspeak has a command line parameter to specify the teamspeak server's IP, but I don't remember what it is.

We have been trying to figure this out as well. If anybody figures anything out, I'd love to hear it!

Well we can tell you how to do it with teamspeak... you just need to create an ini file change ip to the one you like and start the server using that ip. With this ini file you can also change the tcp port of filetransfer and SQ, to change the port on an existing virtual server, you need to edit this server with SQ.

On how to do this with that TCAdmin thing you might want to ask in a forum for this tool.

Quote Originally Posted by Barungar View Post
    Well we can tell you how to do it with teamspeak... you just need to create an ini file change ip to the one you like and start the server using that ip. With this ini file you can also change the tcp port of filetransfer and SQ, to change the port on an existing virtual server, you need to edit this server with SQ.

On how to do this with that TCAdmin thing you might want to ask in a forum for this tool.
    What if we are running multiple TS3 servers on a single license/dedicated server/vps? Is there a way that we could assign dedicated IP addresses with 9987 ports to work with a certain server ID?

If we can do it manually, that would be just as great. I know TCAdmin had referred us to you.

No, you can't. A teamspeak instance can run multiple virtual servers, but only one virtual server can have the port 9987. Because you can bind one teamspeak instance only to exactly one ip address (or to all which isn't such a good thing to do).

You would need to run multiple instances of teamspeak on your server, then every instance could have it's own ip address and one virtual server listening to port 9987. But running multiple instances of teamspeak isn't allowed neither with the "free 32 slot license" nor with the "512 slot" NPL... to do this you'll need to contact sales and acutally purchase a license.

Thread Information