Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Randomly my friends can not enter my TS3 server on WIN7, usually they can

I have a 64bit TS3 server on my WIN7 Desktop.
    i set it up, created some channels, port forwarding and a noIP DNS.
    Everything was ok and my friends could enter it without problems.
    Yesterday a friend of mine connected at about 5pm and disconnected again, because no one was online - 3 hours later when i and 3 others were on the TS, he wasn´t able to join.
    Next day, he could join but (even with empty server --> no clients online) another friend couldnt connect.

When they use the ping command via cmd in WIN7 they get "answers" from my DNS with usual latency.

<01:00:29> Trying to resolve the host name:"headshotgaming.zapto.org"
    <01:00:33> trying to connect to "headshotgaming.zapto.org"
    <01:00:38> unable to connect to server

i translated this from german, so these are not the correct expressions from TS

ORIGINAL:

<01:00:29> Versuche den Hostnamen headshotgaming.zapto.org aufzulösen
    <01:00:33> Versuche zum Server auf headshotgaming.zapto.org zu verbinden
    <01:00:38> Verbindung zum Server fehlgeschlagen

I don´t know what this problem is caused by and how to resolve it, i hpe you can help me

Quote Originally Posted by Lennart View Post
    I have a 64bit TS3 server on my WIN7 Desktop.
    i set it up, created some channels, port forwarding and a noIP DNS.
    Everything was ok and my friends could enter it without problems.
    Yesterday a friend of mine connected at about 5pm and disconnected again, because no one was online - 3 hours later when i and 3 others were on the TS, he wasn´t able to join.
    The question with DDNS (Dynamic DNS) is that when you ping to an addressname your computer usually resolves an IP (with answer or not), but this IP not needs to be the current one.

So, if you are the server's hoster then you know what public IP your computer has in that moment. As easy as visit http://www.ip2location.com/
    Then you has to verify if the DDNS has resolving the same IP
    and the friends that can't connect should verify that the ping is resolving the current IP too.

Quote Originally Posted by PotaBlava View Post
    The question with DDNS (Dynamic DNS) is that when you ping to an addressname your computer usually resolves an IP (with answer or not), but this IP not needs to be the current one.

So, if you are the server's hoster then you know what public IP your computer has in that moment. As easy as visit http://www.ip2location.com/
    Then you has to verify if the DDNS has resolving the same IP
    and the friends that can't connect should verify that the ping is resolving the current IP too.
    Yes, it does - the DNS works properly, and refreshes every 5 minutes. I dont have these connection problems on my Teeworlds or minecraft server for example; only in teamspeak

Quote Originally Posted by Lennart View Post
    Yes, it does - the DNS works properly, and refreshes every 5 minutes. I dont have these connection problems on my Teeworlds or minecraft server for example; only in teamspeak
    So, the user with connection issue should look into the client log:
    Tools --> Client log
    and verify there that the ts3 client is really trying to connect to the correct final IP

Tools --> Client log
    and verify there that the ts3 client is really trying to connect to the correct final IP
    Ok, o´ll tell him that, thank you

Tools --> Client log
    He tried it, and he could join - after dinner and closing the client, he tried again and it didnt work anymore

27.07.2014 23:29:11 ClientUI Info Connect to server: headshotgaming.zapto.org
    27.07.2014 23:29:11 ClientUI Info Trying to resolve headshotgaming.zapto.org
    27.07.2014 23:29:11 TSDNS Info SRV DNS resolve unsuccessful for "_ts3._udp.headshotgaming.zapto.org"
    27.07.2014 23:29:11 TSDNS Info DNS resolve successful, "headshotgaming.zapto.org"=92.228.34.187
    27.07.2014 23:29:15 ClientUI Info Lookup finished: 92.228.34.187 9987 headshotgaming.zapto.org 0 0
    27.07.2014 23:29:15 ClientUI Info Resolve successful: 92.228.34.187:9987
    27.07.2014 23:29:15 ClientUI Info Blacklist check ok
    27.07.2014 23:29:15 ClientUI Info Initiating connection: 92.228.34.187:9987 headshotgaming.zapto.org
    27.07.2014 23:29:15 ClientUI Info Connect status: Connecting
    27.07.2014 23:29:20 ClientUI Info Connect status: Disconnected
    27.07.2014 23:29:20 ClientUI Info Failed to connect to server, want autoreconnect = 0

Here is the client log for ClientUI and TSDNS, i took out the Windows Audio session messages

i just deleted my server, thank you for your help

Thread Information