Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Restrict Add power

Hi,
    So im wondering if this is possible:

i have a bunch of channel groups which vary from 1-12 add power. however i am trying to figure out if you can set it to only allow certain users to only rank 1-8 even if there add power is above 8.

is this possible?

thanks.

People can assign and revoke any server group or channel group which their power fits into. If they have add power of 50 you cannot restrict them to only 1-8, you would have to give them 8 power. This means if there are other groups that give them higher, you need to add the negate to the group where you want them to have only 8 add power and then as long as no channel groups have higher, they will have only 8, or perhaps lower if there is another group they have with an even lower add power.

So it is not possible to limit a user which has 12 add power to only be able to assign groups from 8-12 add power?

It's not possible to restrict that.

User with power of 12 will be able to handle needed permissiosn from -999999999 to 12.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I doubt that will ever be possible. But that does bring up an interesting question. Since the debates that have risen up about wanting more than 75 for permissions, I wonder if anyone has started from -999999999 and built their powers from the basement up? It would surely give far more flexibility, as long as auto database updates from upgrading the server don't mess with member add/remove power because it would really mess things up if someone got 0 add power after an upgrade and everything was based on negatives lol.

Thread Information