Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Which options
    Last edited by mirko991; August 2nd, 2014 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mirko991 View Post
    What client version are you using?. Obviously is not 3.0.15.x

3.0.11 ...

ok thank you
    Last edited by mirko991; August 2nd, 2014 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Server07 View Post
    @TeamSpeak3 the Changelog have a Date Error (=== Client Release 3.0.16 06 Aug 2014) today is 02. Aug 14
    Changelog always lists the ETA.

ah. i see what is kinda "modern" about this theme. its a tad bit darker shade than original.

I think there should be a darker version of this modern theme. like gray or something. and also a modern_extended as well... the mono theme looks fantastic with a dark theme.

New England USA / Marnbach, Weilheim i.OB, Germany
    I do agree it needs work, but I see it as an overall step forward. Looks great. I never quite understood the old channel boxes with the green/yellow/red color and black bars... :-)

Yellow: Password
    Red: Full
    Green: Other stuff
    Black: Doesn't exist
    What's so hard to understand?

New England USA / Marnbach, Weilheim i.OB, Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    Okay, it's not that I didn't understand what the colors mean. I didn't understand the design. Colors with black stripes that looks like bar code...

Yeah, that's indeed unclear. I recently wanted to make icons for my Overwolf project and had no idea what was actually depicted on these icons. I can totally understand your point now.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    Correct! The color code is nearly the same. Only the green channel is in blue now. Easy to understand. "I like it!"

Quote Originally Posted by -{HGH}-GEN.Skylab View Post
    Okay, it's not that I didn't understand what the colors mean. I didn't understand the design. Colors with black stripes that looks like bar code...
    I can´t find icons with black stripes. Which icon is meant?

Quote Originally Posted by PowerSSaiyanX View Post
    ... the mono theme looks fantastic with a dark theme.
    Sounds good. Which dark theme do you use? Screenshot?

Thanks for the feedback.

Enforcing a new iconpack or theme to users is of course always problematic and usually results in negative feedback. I remember when we switched to the current default iconpack a couple years ago, the forum went into rage mode. Back then we made the mistake to remove the previous iconpack (which everyone wanted to have back, but now only few people care about) from the installer, a mistake we should not repeat again.

Anyways, I think offering multiple default iconpacks and themes and let the users chose what they prefer is the best way to go. It's impossible to please everyone, but at least people should have the choice.

The big question here is: Is switching to a new iconpack automatically a good idea?

Pros:
    If we do not switch automatically, probably only few people will ever see the new iconpack. If we silently add it, who is going to switch it manually or even learn about its existence? Yes, there is a "New features" info telling about new stuff, but is that enough to make people bother looking at it?
    We do not have any usage statistics on how many people change how many options (we really should have that, but we don't like the idea of phoning personal data home too much), but from what I and other members of the TeamSpeak crew gather in daily usage, the vast majority of TeamSpeak users run the default settings. There are hardcore users, like here in the forum, for whom we offer all those fancy options, but I doubt it's more than a minority who actually bothers looking into the settings dialog unless absolutely necessary (aka: something not working).

Cons:
    Shitstorm incoming. People don't like changes, myself being no exception.

The answer? I don't know for sure, but currently we think switching once automatically to give people at least the chance to see the new icons and then give them the chance to switch back if they don't like it is the better option.
    And the negative feedback? Well, you even have the chance to get personal next week at Gamescom, so we cannot just hide behind the Internet. Possibly worst possible timing for such a change, at least for us. :-)

Opinions are appreciated, but I have to say the release date is already fix for wednesday, so chances for any big changes are currently very low. Our artist is currently completely buried in preparation work for Gamescom. Of course, there is time and room for improvement afterwards.

EDIT: Using the term shitstorm once is enough.
    Last edited by PeterS; August 4th, 2014 at 12:44 PM.

As long as a manual switch back is possible for the user do the automatic change to the new one! So everyone who doesn't like the new icons can switch back to the old icons.

Quote Originally Posted by Barungar View Post
    As long as a manual switch back is possible
    And easy to find, in my experience a lot of users don't read changelog / 'what's new' files so will not know how to change back unless it's some sort of prompt that really slaps them in the face

Thread Information