Forum

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

[Beta Channel] TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.0.16

Hello,

we have released TeamSpeak client 3.0.16 to the beta channel. The new version comes with two new iconpacks and a new modern theme as a little present for celebrating this years Gamescom.

The iconpack will be changed to the new default mono pack if you are using the current default iconpack. If you prefer to use the old default iconpack instead, you can switch it back and it will not be automatically converted again.
    Users with existing third-party iconpacks will not be automatically changed to the new iconpack.

The new "Modern" theme will not be set as default automatically, you can enable it in the Options / Design / Theme dropdown. This change would probably be somewhat too drastic to make it default without user interaction.

Otherwise there are just a few minor bugfixes in this release, no major code change. Our development work is currently mainly focused on some new stuff.

See you in cologne at gamescom.

Hello Dear Staff!

My propose is introduce design as default my favorite:
    Theme as > default_extended
    icon pack as > default_colored_2014

Still bug with "Stretched Avatars"

Best Regards
    Mateusz Gladosz

I am usually on board with updates, but the icon pack is terrible. At a glance I have no idea who is a person on afk or who is a channel. I have no idea what any of this means. That is bad news for typical end users. They will hate this massive GUI change to the icons. Please do NOT enforce these new icons on people as default. Just inform people they exist. Terrible.

Kick from server and Kick from Channel icons are the same for mono_2014, also the same in color_2014. Could like some visual difference like in default. Also guess that advanced permission icons were not given much thought as several repeats there too.

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    Kick from server and Kick from Channel icons are the same for mono_2014, also the same in color_2014. Could like some visual difference like in default. Also guess that advanced permission icons were not given much thought as several repeats there too.
    Correct! In addition, the icons for microphone/speakers muted, hardware input/output disabled and local muted are the same... You have to click on a client to actually see the difference. I'd suggest that two new icons (or at least the same icons using another color) are made for HARDWARE_INPUT_MUTED and HARDWARE_OUTPUT_MUTED and that the assignment for INPUT_MUTED_LOCAL is changed to toggle_whisper.png.

Quote Originally Posted by Morthawt View Post
    I am usually on board with updates, but the icon pack is terrible. At a glance I have no idea who is a person on afk or who is a channel. I have no idea what any of this means. That is bad news for typical end users. They will hate this massive GUI change to the icons. Please do NOT enforce these new icons on people as default. Just inform people they exist. Terrible.
    I agree with you completely.

I agree with all of you! The new and modern Iconpack needs much more work!
    Another point is: I can't tell difference on a channel commander if he is talking or quiet... these icons are almost the same!

Seems Pretty nice but the icon pack is so much confusing tbh

The modern theme is ok, aside from the fact that there is nothing modern in it, but the icon pack is too dappled and aggressive. It doesn't allow to distinguish channels from the users.

Sorry but that looks horrible

icon pack was very nice, but the issue is still in this version avatar continues

Name:  Screenshot_1.png
Views: 2631
Size:  13.5 KB

icon pack the same ones I've mentioned.

nice thanx...
    Last edited by mirko991; August 2nd, 2014 at 04:50 PM.

@TeamSpeak3 the Changelog have a Date Error (=== Client Release 3.0.16 06 Aug 2014) today is 02. Aug 14
    Last edited by dante696; August 13th, 2014 at 09:57 AM. Reason: nope, the expected release date for the stable client ;)

Quote Originally Posted by mirko991 View Post
    Hey guys i have a question... How can i download this beta channel 3.0.16? Thank you.
    Go to "Settings" -> "Options" -> "Application". Switch the update channel to beta and "Apply". Then go to "Help" -> "Check for Updates".

Thread Information