Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up Sub-channels doesn't inherit password from parent one

Hi,

I don't know if this is a bug but when creating sub-channel u must repeat the password everytime and if you leave the password field empty then everybody can enter to the channel.

It would be good to have an option to make the sub-channels inherit the password from parent channel automatically

or, generally spoken, subchannels should by default always inherit everything from their super channel. cause that's what the users would expect.

Fully agree, also with the rights, and the codecs.
    For example i want my clan members to be able to make sub channels under gaming channel but not in our admins channels, but i cant find how to do it

Passwords, talk power, needed join power.... etc etc
    You would think everything would inherit unless you specifically set it for a sub channel

How to inherit password or permissions

As Ive read many topics on people having issues with passwords join powers, etc etc. Compared to ts2 where main channel permissions inherited over to sub-channels. I haven't messed with the overlapping permissions of servergroups with the skip and negate but could the same methods not carry over?

Heres my mock setup

+Lobby (anyone can join)
    -+Info room
    -+Hang Out
    +General Rooms (anyone can join)
    -+Game1
    -+Game2
    +Member Rooms (only members can join with power of 25)
    -+Game1
    -+Game2
    +Private Rooms (Passworded)
    -+Room1
    -+Room2

Now how can set this up without having to set join power and password on every single subchannel, but still have the ability to do so. (In my community's setup we have over 300 channels and atm are opening TS to members only but are wanting to bring the general public in)

Permission inheritance in channel families seems like its almost there but not quite, is there any plan for this in the future?

Permission inheritence would be a nice convinience, but it isn't absolutely necessary. It could be added to the proposed feature list, however there are much more important things to be worrying about atm.

How else would you layout 100+ channels with passwords and join powers? not by hand

Like I said, nice convenience to have, and I support it.

For the time being however, I would use a PHP script to generate ServerQuery Commands for all the channel settings and execute it.

Noted it down, thank you for this request.

Passwords or channel permission can't be changed for all Sub- or Parent channels.
    You must set passwords or permissions manually per channel.
    Last edited by dante696; January 22nd, 2016 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Noted it down, thank you for this request.
    Any news on this ?

I'd like request to get this fixed. Ohterwise the useability is worst than TS2. For TS it was ok to give a channel pw only on master channel and not on subchannel. For TS3 you have to give a password for subchannels as well. Thats stupid...

The next thing. Channel password in user profil doesnt work. That means..., if a channel got a channel pw and you wanna switch to this channel you have to type in again the channel pw, although you put this pw in your profil from TS client....

GReetz illu

He guys, no feedback until now ?

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminator View Post
    He guys, no feedback until now ?
    You can save channel passwords. Enable "Save channel Passwords" under Settings > Options > Security. If you rejoin the server, then the channel is yellow again. The client only checks the password, when you try to join the room.

Connect to channel with password works from bookmarks and switch to a channel with saved password works fine here (Beta13).

UP... I really need these sub-channels inherit passwords from the parent one... I run the last beta but i don't find anything.

Thank you,

Quote Originally Posted by AmrasTaralom View Post
    or, generally spoken, subchannels should by default always inherit everything from their super channel. cause that's what the users would expect.
    i also agree with that

i don't know how hard the code part is, but it would be great if a subchannel gets all the settings from its parent channel when it is created... so i can change it afterwards if i want/ have to.

Thread Information