Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Teamspeak cannot write to the configuration file

Everytime i try to launch teamspeak3 it says teamspeak 3 cannot write to the configuration file and it says it wont save if i get on. so i click launch anyways and it wont open when i right click on it it says unresponsive i have tried multiple times installing and uninstalling. please help
    Last edited by dante696; June 30th, 2015 at 07:58 AM. Reason: moved to mac osx

What operation system is this? This sounds like a windows report.
    Please make sure, that your system user is allowed to write into the folder, where configuration is stored.

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    The Library folder is hidden in the Finder by default. Use CMD+SHIFT+G in an open Finder window to manually enter a path to go to... in your case:

Code:
    ~/Library/Application Support/TeamSpeak 3
    Right-click the settings.db and hit the Information menu item. At the bottom of the dialog that opens, you'll see the file permissions.

Anyway... I wonder why the permissions would change. Maybe the settings.db file is corrupted....
    Last edited by dante696; November 19th, 2015 at 09:05 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

i have a mac but i have no clue how to do what you just said

I'm not familiar with the Mac install, but maybe you are not running the application from the correct place?

The steps I found for Mac were:
    - Download TeamSpeak 3 Client for Mac
    - Run installer, click "Agree".
    - Drag TeamSpeak 3 Client application to your "Applications" folder on your Dock.
    - Click on Applications in your Dock, and look for the newly added TeamSpeak 3 Client.

Otherwise, are there any configuration options or settings during the install or startup of the application?

Here are the sources I used:

https://www.m3t.nl/support/dl.php?type=d&id=5
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqQyx0ogVYQ#t=62 (may have to skip ahead to time: 1:02)

Quote Originally Posted by Pandaman20 View Post
    i have a mac but i have no clue how to do what you just said
    Open the Console app. You'll find all crash reports from apps running on OS X there.

And what do i do with that

Copy/paste it to us so we can see what's going on, there is probably a specific error that we can tell you how to remedy.

Bug opening teamspeak 3

teamspeac 3 cannot write to the configuration file:
    /users/fs/library/application support/ teamspeack3/settings.db

Could i fix this bug i am becomingcrazy

its MAC

That's no bug.
    It's a permission issue on your machine. Yoiur current user who started the app is not allowed to write into the config folder.

I had the same issue, when I installed Yosemite on a second hard drive.
    I just did import my apps and settings from Mavericks and TeamSpeak was available, but caused the same problem.
    It was started with wrong permissions from the old user, who had no access to my new home folder.

I fixed it with a clean install of the client.
    Last edited by dante696; January 8th, 2015 at 12:41 PM. Reason: merged
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Cant Connect To TeamSpeak

Ive been using TeamSpeak3 for Mac OSX for about 2 months now and it has been working great until last night. Last night, I tried to open TeamSpeak and an image popped up as soon as I double clicked on TeamSpeak to open it. When I click "Abort" TeamSpeak quits. When I click "Ignore" TeamSpeak tires to load. Strangely, it takes about 3-5 minutes and never loads, then TeamSpeak crashes. The TeamSpeak client never even opens, therefore I can't use it. I need TeamSpeak for training purposes so if someone could help me, that would be great.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by dante696; January 8th, 2015 at 12:40 PM. Reason: merged

Check to make sure you have the right permissions to write to that directory.

How do I do that? Sorry, Im clueless when it comes to computers.

The Library folder is hidden in the Finder by default. Use CMD+SHIFT+G in an open Finder window to manually enter a path to go to... in your case:

Code:
    ~/Library/Application Support/TeamSpeak 3
    Right-click the settings.db and hit the Information menu item. At the bottom of the dialog that opens, you'll see the file permissions.

Anyway... I wonder why the permissions would change. Maybe the settings.db file is corrupted....

I'm having the same problem as those above. Apologies, I'm not familiar with macs at all.

I've checked all the permissions for Applications, and Library (right click, get info) and it says that I have read+write permission. Tried reinstalling several times, by moving the icon to the trash and emptying it. Tried installing TS3 to somewhere other than applications. Tried the repair permissions thing in disk utility.

However, it seems that the settings.db file mentioned does not exist. Searching for it in finder just returns nothing. I can't seem to find the path to get to it manually either. Specifically the Application Support/TeamSpeak 3 folders.

Any other ideas? TS3 worked perfectly for over a year on this computer and then just randomly stopped working the other day.

Yes, i too am having this problem. Yesterday i was on team speak, i quitted it and then when i tried to open it about 5 minutes later that error message came up. I have tried re-installing it several times and i have repaired permissions to no prevail. Please help, i need team speak.

Thread Information