Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Solved Linux x86_64, not Linux i386

Hey

I have make a big mistake when i install teamspeak3

Look like i have the wrong version

You have: Linux x86_64, not Linux i386

But all our chanels is set up, can i overwrite "Server x86 3.0.10.3" with "Server amd64 3.0.10.3" without deleting all our settings or i have to start all over ?

that should be safe, remember to take a backup of the files if things break.

But that said, there isn't too many reasons to change before there's an update anyways, TS3Server doesn't use that much memory that 64bit is required.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor Erik View Post
    that should be safe, remember to take a backup of the files if things break.

But that said, there isn't too many reasons to change before there's an update anyways, TS3Server doesn't use that much memory that 64bit is required.
    Sorry, but i disagree to this completely. It's not safe to have both binarys in one folder. The memory usage is nearly the same, but can use more than 4GB RAM.

Better install the server into a new folder and then copy the needed files and folders to the new server dir.
    Folder: files

Files (if existing): ts3server.sqlitedb, query_ip_blacklist.txt, query_ip_whitelist.txt, ts3server.ini, licensekey.dat, serverkey.dat
    and all other ".ini" fiels if you used some.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Sorry, but i disagree to this completely. It's not safe to have both binarys in one folder.
    I wonder what planet that is unsafe on, as long as the init script is copied over, it will invoke the 64bit binary, if it's not, it will invoke the 32bit binary, in which case he will have to copy over the 64bit binary.

At no point will the cpu boil, memory fry or network card loose all it's bits caused by invoking the incorrect version when copying it over.
    When I talk safety I talk about safety for the data which is what "costs" the most to loose, since you'd have to re-create said data, as long as there are no files of the ones you mentioned in the source directory/zip, there is little to no risk of dataloss, hence why I say it should be safe.

But as I also said, take a backup, since you can never be too safe.

Thanks working now

Thread Information