Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Found one that's a few bucks a month, but it's linux only, currently using windows for our server, not sure what the process would be to transfer our server database to work on linux, I assume it's possible. Real issue is not having experience with linux.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandito View Post
    Found one that's a few bucks a month, but it's linux only, currently using windows for our server, not sure what the process would be to transfer our server database to work on linux, I assume it's possible. Real issue is not having experience with linux.
    No process. You just start linux server with your current database. Should just work.
    In either case, having a backup is a good idea.

Well if you limit yourself to Windows servers then it'll obviously be (more) expensive, simply because of license costs for the provider. Usual range is between 5 and 10 bucks extra a month, just for Windows.

As for the request it was rejected because it'd be too much work for a minuscule improvement at best, that hardly anyone needs.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

I have a 128MB Ram VPS for $12 yearly which translates into $1 monthly. I have in Netherlands but they have USA locations too.
    I use if for my ts3 website but it suits well ts3 server too.

So, if you need this, PM me and I can send you the URL.

You only have whatever control the rental service allows you. I want file system access, I want to be able to migrate our server wherever I like, when I like, that's not something renting a server allows us.

I know the difference between an AAL and NPL licence, I'm wondering why those of us with AAL licences are not afforded the same considerations as those who chose to rent. Don't sell me an AAL and then suggest that I should be renting a server because you don't understand the nature of my request, or how to calculate bandwidth, or the difference between bits and bytes.
    Teamspeak is a real-time application and therefore uses a lot of bandwidth. The only thing I can see helping is lowering the codec quality for those times when you need too.

Unfortunately it costs extra money to rent a windows server as you have to pay for the license. But as ANR Daemon said you should just be able to use your current database.

If you need help setting it up there are tutorials out there or if you want I could help you set it up as well as help you with some tools so you don't have to navigate using the command line. Just PM me if you need any help.
    Last edited by H3LLFIRE; August 27th, 2014 at 11:34 PM.

Renting a Windows server also costs extra time for messing with the horrible firewall.

Thread Information