Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Uniqueid and ip changer

Hello,

I have a big problem with some users. I'm trying to ban them, but they can connect again, they are bypassing the ban, don't know how, but they are really good. (unique id and ip ban dosen't work) so my only option is posting here, maybe someone will help me

Regards !

Use a server password or add an IP range into the bans.
    Or do not allow your guests to switch into channels.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

You can also use the built in "security" measure for "new" unique ids connecting to your server.

Essentially, when a new client (someone who has created a new profile / identity / Unique ID) tries to connect to your server they have to wait for a certain period of time to generate a certificate.

This way, when you ban a user, they can't simply reroll their IP address and then reconnect. They would be forced to wait for the new certificated to be generated. A balance of this and other features that Dante suggested are often enough to limit the trolls to the point of disinterest.

@dante696, i can't put a password on my server or ban IP range (i have +70 users on my server, i will lose them).

@Ronin Design, thanks, forgot about that ! Regards.

Quote Originally Posted by LaN4CSW View Post
    @dante696, i can't put a password on my server or ban IP range (i have +70 users on my server, i will lose them).
    Why? Just set a serverpassword and give your users "b_virtualserver_join_ignore_password" permission.

@Alcazar , I already did that..they are changing the UI

Changing the UI (i guess you mean UID)?
    This is bad luck for your users if they want to stay on your server. Not really your problem in my opinion.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Finally, I solved the problem. I had banned the users on their nicknames (fixed string). In the future, me and my staff will improvise a new "system" in our community like every new user will be approached by one of us. So the spamm thing will be dissolved.

You are tilting at windmills, with nickname bans. They can be changed in many many many many ways.
    Better disallow guest to join any channel, and only assign a group with more permissions to your known users.

@don quixote:

You can also customize / automate the process or flow by using temporary server passwords that move users to certain default channels on join rather than the global default channel.

Screenshot:

Even adding a simple server password, and then making a URL link with the password and auto-bookmark in it for new users would still probably be better in the long run...

Example:
    Code:
    ts3server://ts.myserver.com?port=9987&nickname=NewGuestUser&password=somethingclever&addbookmark=My Community TeamSpeak

@Ronin Design, great idea !

Thread Information