Forum

When I speak, everyone else is turned down

Ever since the new update, this issue where whenever I would activate PTT, all other clients would be turned down. I have looked everywhere in the settings and preferences menus, but I have found nothing that can solve this issue. I have already tried to fix it with within Windows using the Control Panel, but it did not fix the problem.

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by SHOGUN 6 View Post
    Ever since the new update, this issue where whenever I would activate PTT, all other clients would be turned down. I have looked everywhere in the settings and preferences menus, but I have found nothing that can solve this issue. I have already tried to fix it with within Windows using the Control Panel, but it did not fix the problem.
    Whenever you start to talk, other people's volume when they talk decreases...
    Maybe is due to the echo reduction value:
    Settings --> Options --> Capture --> If you have "Echo reduction" checked then in the "Echo reduction reduces playback by" indicates the value you like (a lower one that the current) or, directly, uncheck "Echo reduction" and "Apply". You can do this adjust while you are talking with your friends.

Remove Priority Speaker from yourself
    Last edited by Chris; August 12th, 2014 at 09:48 AM.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

@potaBlava: I didn't even know that's what it did. When I was fiddling with the capture settings, I set that down by 30 dBs, because that what I thought would minimize background noise. That will likely have solved the issue (I have nobody to test this with yet).

Thanks for the help! I feel like such a fool right now.

Unhappy People's voice lowers in sound when I speak

Alright, I have this problem on my TeamSpeak client. Maybe it's Windows sound Control or something like that, but it's very aggravating.

When someone speaks in a channel I'm in, I hear him fine. However, when I start speaking while he speaks, his sounds lowers and I can't hear what he's saying at all anymore. I've tested most options in the playback and capture section with no avail.

Can anybody help?

Thread Information