Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Thread: Channel Groups

Channel Groups

Could you add the feature that if you give a channel group permission to edit a channel, They can ONLY edit the channel that they have the channel group in. If I give my Admins permissions to edit all channels, but I want my moderators to only be able to edit their own channel and no others, This would help alot. Thanks.

This is specifically the difference between Server Group permissions and Channel Group permissions and is already established.

What edit privileges / permission flags are you trying to configure for the "moderator" Channel Group?

You can disallow access to the Permissions -> Channel Permissions window and then give individual "grant" permissions for the properties listed in the "Edit Channel" pop-up window under the Permissions tab.

Examples of these permissions (screenshot):
    http://i.imgur.com/0Le0eR3.png
    http://i.imgur.com/wR6kK6A.png

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Design View Post
    This is specifically the difference between Server Group permissions and Channel Group permissions and is already established.

What edit privileges / permission flags are you trying to configure for the "moderator" Channel Group?

You can disallow access to the Permissions -> Channel Permissions window and then give individual "grant" permissions for the properties listed in the "Edit Channel" pop-up window under the Permissions tab.

Examples of these permissions (screenshot):
    http://i.imgur.com/0Le0eR3.png
    http://i.imgur.com/wR6kK6A.png
    Joining the channel is not the issue, When I assign my channel group to a user, They can edit all of the other channels, I want them to only be able to edit the channel they are in without having to edit the needed channel modify power of Every channel I have

The "needed join power" was just an example of a permission.

The powers under "Group" are server / global, but if the Channel -> (needed) modify power is set, they should not be able to edit other channels. They might be able to see, but when they hit "apply" it will say error "permission modify power needed" or whatnot.

I believe the flag(s) are:
    - i_channel_permission_modify_power
    - i_channel_needed_permission_modify_power

These are channel specific (assigned only for channel with group).

While the "Group -> Modify" permissions I think are server wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Design View Post
    The "needed join power" was just an example of a permission.

The powers under "Group" are server / global, but if the Channel -> (needed) modify power is set, they should not be able to edit other channels. They might be able to see, but when they hit "apply" it will say error "permission modify power needed" or whatnot.

I believe the flag(s) are:
    - i_channel_permission_modify_power
    - i_channel_needed_permission_modify_power

These are channel specific (assigned only for channel with group).

While the "Group -> Modify" permissions I think are server wide.
    If i were to use the bit in bold, wouldn't i need to edit the i_channel_needed_permission... power for each individual channel? I've already tried using those and it appears that I do. I don't want to have to edit every single one of my channels in order to do this.

Group -> modify, That means if they have perms to edit the Server/Channel Groups not Channels. I wish to make editing channels through channel groups so that they ONLY edit the channel they have the channel group in, no others.

Thread Information