Forum

Hybrid View

Client does not minimize anymore after 12am / 00:00

Hi,

I'm having an issue where the Linux client will not minimise. I'm currently running version 3.0.16 however, this happens with previous versions. I cannot say how long the client has to be open for this to happen, however, it prevents me switching workspaces, which is how I first noticed the problem.

The OS I am using is Linux Mint 17, kernel version 3.13.0-24. The only way I have found to fix this issue is to physically close the Teamspeak client and then re-open it, which will for a while stop it happening, but it does return after being open for a while.There are no errors in the logs that I can find that pertain to this error.

Same problem here on Linux Ubuntu 14.04, no matter which version of TeamSpeak 3 I use.

I even tried to play with xdotool trying to force it minimize using every possiblity, but with no luck.

Bump! I too have this problem. Do either of you have dual monitors? Do either of you use fglrx or xorg-ati drivers? Can we log calls to the Qt library?

When I leave TS3 on for 6-8 hours (although it is inconsistent), I will find that sometime during that period something happened and after that point I can't switch workspaces or minimize TS3. There is no related output to stderr or stdout. The log files don't say anything other than pulseaudio underflows which I suspect is an unrelated issue since one can happen without the other. I suspect it has something to do with others' user activity on the server but I have no evidence to support this.

TS3 ver: 3.0.16, 8/4/14
    Qt ver: 5.2.1
    Kernel ver: 3.13.0-24-generic

What can I do to make sure this gets fixed? I have been living with this bug for half a year and it can really get on my nerves. I will even record a video if it will help the TS3 dev team.

Can confirrm.

This is so much annoying, because I can't even switch to my other workspaces!! Need to restart TS3 each time!!!

This still happens with the newest version of Teamspeak (3.0.16). At some point, it is suddenly impossible to switch workspace away from the one containing Teamspeak. If I attempt to switch to a different workspace, I am immediately switched back to the one containing Teamspeak, and the Teamspeak client is focused. This happens in both Gnome 3 and Cinnamon, which are both based on the same compositor. It never occurred in the i3 window manager.

Restarting Teamspeak fixes the issue temporarily.

The same problem

Hello, this issue is old over year and there is still no answer from Teamspeak staff? Really nice. I am having exactly the same issue, Ubuntu 12.04-15.10.

Don't minimized in tray after midnight

Hello. There is a small but very annoying bug in client application. For the most part it bothers my friend, but he's so tired of waiting for fix that I decided to help and write you bug report myself.

So, with checked "Minimize to tray" option application is no longer minimized to tray by clicking minimize button (or by clicking on app icon on task bar) after every midnight until you restart it.

TS x64 v3.0.19.3.

UPD. Demonstration video:

Windows 10 (x64)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l96Ov_yuDgQ

Windows 7 (x64)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sflxc4ybGhk
    Task Scheduler screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/UwNvtlj.png
    Last edited by dante696; June 28th, 2016 at 11:26 AM. Reason: moved to bug section

Do you mean everytime when clock strikes 12am / 00:00?
    In case of, check if a program (firewall or backup or system check or cleaner etc) starts running everytime.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Do you mean everytime when clock strikes 12am / 00:00?
    Yes.

Just added video demonstration in top message.
    I don't think that problem is caused by other software. But just in case I attached screenshot of Task Scheduler. And looks like it's also occurs on clean system (can't prove right now with video).

The "Yes" helped me a lot That bug is kind of funny and i have absolutly no clue what is going on in the client to test this setting. Maybe there are more effects related to this.

I can reproduce this everytime when clock strikes 12am / 00:00.
    Does not matter if i was conencted.
    I can't reproduce this when clock strikes other hours.

I will make a bug ticket for this issue. Thank you for the report.
    Last edited by dante696; September 13th, 2016 at 08:36 PM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

[Linux] TeamSpeak 3 Client - Minimize issue

Issue:
    After a while of using (few hours at least) the client refuses to be minimized. The minimize animation plays itself for about 100-200ms but then it stops and the window is resumet as if it has been focused somehow.

Happens on all recent LTS Ubuntu versions.

I'm not sure what is the trigger for the bug, if it's just time, or a chat message or something else.

I'd like to know if it's a known bug and if there are any workarounds. On recent release of elementary OS this bug is a lot more annoying as it steals focus from other apps and the client needs to be closed and reopened.
    Last edited by dante696; September 13th, 2016 at 08:39 PM. Reason: merged

Same Issue, different Linux: Debian 8 Jessie, Gnome3 Shell

I've been having this problem since last year and finally decided to google it because I was tired of restarting the client in the middle of a game. Seems after reading this forum it's not the desktop environment, so it has to be the Teamspeak client or the windowing system.

For this is o:

Desktop: Gnome 3 Shell

Can't find any notable logs regarding the issue. Seems like it happens if the screen is allowed to lock, possibly.

Can we somehow help the devs narrow the problem down? Do you need any uberdetailed logs or something? I'm willing to gather these whenever i can reproduce the issue but some directions what you'll need will be appreciated.

A way to reproduce this would be nice.
    Could it be that this happens after the system clock striked 12 am?

It is less occuring now for me that I use teamspeak 3-5 hours instead of 12. I am 90% sure that I had it twice during saturday last week which would debunk the 12am theory. I am unable to reproduce it and I've tried for the past half a year using teamspeak regularly. I get a feeling that server activity somehow triggers it like someone joining the server or someone poking me. I haven't been able to find any regularities though thats why I asked if there is a way to gather a very verbouse log which I could then trim if i get the bug and send to you or read myself.

Either way if i find something I'll let you know.

Thread Information