Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

tryin to learn permission levels

I am old user to TS but lately trying to learn more in-detail operation of the permission system now that I have my own server.

I'll start with what I hope will be a simple question. As I search for permission-related posts in the forums, I see a lot of reference to, for example, usage of various permission levels of 30, 35, 50, 70, or 75. For the life of me I can't find out where these numbers are coming from, and what they mean besides increased security clearances. Is there a reference list of all permission level numbers and what exactly they represent?

I have spacers placed between the game channel groups that run on my server, and I can' figure how to do something as simple as denying access to the spacers I have in place. Join permissions for my spacers are set to 100, but like I said, since I don't know where that number comes from, it doesn't mean much to me yet, and at 100, i can still connect to the spacers and so can others.

Also, when I look at my server groups (which includes server admins, normal, guest, and server sub admins), they each have a larger number next to them, appropriately being 13454, 13455, 13456, and 13460. I don't understand these numbers either.

Can find anything in the server tutorials on this either. Can someone at least post a link to a thread that might help explain how these different numbers represent whatever they represent?

Many thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Derelikt View Post
    I am old user to TS but lately trying to learn more in-detail operation of the permission system now that I have my own server.

I'll start with what I hope will be a simple question. As I search for permission-related posts in the forums, I see a lot of reference to, for example, usage of various permission levels of 30, 35, 50, 70, or 75. For the life of me I can't find out where these numbers are coming from, and what they mean besides increased security clearances. Is there a reference list of all permission level numbers and what exactly they represent?
    These are value for the integer permissions (those beginning with "i_").
    50 is default value for "Normal" Group, 75 default for "Serveradmin" Group.
    The value of "power" permissions must be >= the value for the "needed_power" permission to perform the action.

Quote Originally Posted by Derelikt View Post
    Also, when I look at my server groups (which includes server admins, normal, guest, and server sub admins), they each have a larger number next to them, appropriately being 13454, 13455, 13456, and 13460. I don't understand these numbers either.
    These are the group_ids from the database, only used for internal actions.

You might want to check out the youtube videos @ https://www.youtube.com/user/TutsTeach. The videos cover most if not all the aspects of the permissions system, in detail, and covers many things you can do with the permissions system.

Thread Information