Forum

How to restore Server Admin permissions

Hello
    I accidentally changed the Server Admin permissions and now i'm constantly receiving the "insufficient permission modify power" everytime i try to do anything. The thing is i dont host the server, i pay for it. So as i have read, i contacted my provider and asked them to restore the Server Admin permissions. They pretty much told me that they dont know how, and they are offering me to delete the server and start from scratch t.t I have tons of things configured so obviously i dont want them to do this. The server is running in Linux.
    Could some1 tell me the exact command instructions to do this in Linux so i can tell them how to do it and see if they can fix this? Please explain it in great detail cause clearly they provide hosting but they have no idea of how to manage server query console >< Thanks a lot in advance. Mary.

you can reset permissions only and keep channels, files etc.. but not the server/channel groups

or you can copy the serveradmin template and change it to perm group but you will need query access for that

Oh i thought that with something like this:
    servergroupaddperm sgid=ID_OF_SERVERADMIN_GROUP_ON_THAT_SERVER permsid=i_group_modify_power permvalue=75 permskip=0 permnegated=0
    servergroupdelperm sgid=ID_OF_SERVERADMIN_GROUP_ON_THAT_SERVER permsid=i_needed_modify_power_group_modify_power
    quit

they could restore server admin to 75 and keep all the settings in the server =/
    I dont have query acces cause i dont host the server. If any1 has a solution i would really apreciate it >< thax again

these are query commands to use them you need query access and if you have query admin access you can use easy program like YATQA to edit your groups and put everything back

I know that i have to have access to query console which i dont, but THEY do... so i want to know the exact commands in linux they need to use to restore my Server Admin permissions to 75 so i can send it to them and explain them how to do it, even if it erases my server groups i would still keep the channel configs. This was all i could find but dunno whats next to restore to 75:

Linux

1. Open a terminal
    2. Enter the following command to connect to your TeamSpeak 3 server:
    Code:

telnet <host> <serverquery port>

For example:
    Code:

telnet yourdomain.com 10011

If it was correctly, you will see something like this:
    Trying 127.0.0.1...
    Connected to localhost.
    Escape character is '^]'.
    TS3
    Welcome to the TeamSpeak 3 ServerQuery interface, type "help" for a list of commands and "help <command>" for information on a specific command.
    3. As next step, you have to login with your ServerQuery account:
    Code:

login <serverquery username> <serverquery password>

For example like this:
    Code:

login serveradmin verySecret$Password2013

4. You can run every command, which is listed in the help list:
    Code:

help
    TeamSpeak 3 Server :: ServerQuery
    (c) TeamSpeak Systems GmbH

ServerQuery is a command-line interface built into the TeamSpeak 3 Server which
    allows powerful scripting and automation tools to be built based on the exact
    same instruction set and functionality provided by the TeamSpeak 3 Client. For
    example, you can use scripts to automate the management of virtual servers or
    nightly backups. In short, you can perform operations more efficiently by using
    ServerQuery scripts than you can by using a user interface.

Command Overview:
    help | read help files
    login | authenticate with the server
    logout | deselect virtual server and log out
    quit | close connection
    use | select virtual server
    banadd | create a ban rule
    banclient | ban a client

and then what?????

Thanks a lot ^^

seriously if the host don't know how to get admin group back or how reset server permissions then its a bad host you should move xD

from the server query manual

Code:
    PERMRESET
    Restores the default permission settings on the selected virtual server and creates a new initial administrator token.
     Please note that in case of an error during the permreset call - e.g.
     when the database has been modified or corrupted - the virtual server will be deleted from the database.
    Permissions:
        b_virtualserver_permission_reset
    Syntax:
        permreset
    Example:
        permreset
        token=eKnFZQ9EK7G7MhtuQB6+N2B1PNZZ6OZL3ycDp2OW
        error id=0 msg=ok

Ye tell me something i dunno hahahah i told them it was freaking awesome for them to provide ts hosting but have no idea of how to configure it XD

So if they put that code u wrote, this resets permissions ONLY? Or all the server groups, server banner, channel config are erased too?
    Thx a lot!!!!

first ask them to backup your server(take snapshot ) and give you the snapshot just to be safe
    permissions reset will erase server, channel groups but not the channels

but the better option is they can use a query application like YATQA (available in the addons section) to select your server recreate the admin group from the template this way you will keep everything

take my advice get that snapshot and move to another host

Hopefully they will understand what i want them to do >< Thanks a lot for the help!!! =D

Thread Information