Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Hybrid View

Plugin command persmissions

Hello guys,

I have a question - if I have instaled a lua plugin, on my TS where I'm the Server Admin, can I give permissions to my Sub-Admis to use those commands without installing that lua plugin? Or they have to install this?

no.
    they have to install it themselves.

what you CAN do is the following: you edit your lua plugin to listen to whisper messages and execute your work, if someone whispers you the command and is a sub admin (you would have to check their permissions, when recieving a message).

this would obvioulsy only work if you are connected to the server aswell, because...yeah...they have to whisper you ^^

Thanks buddy!
    But if they install it by themselves, they can use it even if I'm not connected?

sure if they have the permissions to do whatver you are doing with those commands there shouldn't be a problem

Could You help me how I can check if they have permissions or give them the permissions?

What i meant is, that if your lua code is for example changing channel properties, then the guy, who wants to do this has to have the permission to do that. And you as the server-admin are the one giving permissions to people.
    For yourself this won't be a problem, because you are the server-admin and can do whatever you want.

But you are talking about your "sub-admins" and I don't know what that means or more to be precise I don't know which permissions you gave them.
    Also I don't know what you are doing with your lua plugin, so it just depends on those two factors.

If your sub-admins already are able to do the work "by hand" and you just want them to be able to do it automatically with the lua plugin, then there won't be a problem I think.

I suggest you just try it out with one of your sub-admins.

Thread Information