Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

importing and exporting Bookmarks and Settings

Hello, i have been looking for the option to save or backup my massive amount of TS bookmarks but i cant find any.
    is they and way for me to backup my bookmarks or is there no option to do this?

i have also looked in the forums but i cant find anything on this issue.

im using the latest version 3.0. 16

You can copy your profile folder. It's at the place you chose during installation, e.g. %APPDATA%\TS3Client or the program's directory.
    It will become easier in December.

Bookmarks Not Showing When Saved and Placed Back After New Install

I have gone to C:\ Users>my name>AppData>Roaming>TS3Client and saved the complete folder in hopes of being able to re-apply my old bookmarks and have placed this file back in when I have had to reinstall TS3 for various reasons but mostly when I have to re-install my OS. Have tried this several times and always end up with an install of TS3 with no bookmarks being listed, in other words like this is my very first time ever using it. I have been saving the Roaming files and the Directory and sub-folders where TS3 was installed (C:\ drive) from 3 previous installs covering 3 years in hopes of being able to re-apply the bookmarks I have accumulated with all their passwords, but have had no luck. Surly there must be a way to do this that has escaped my best efforts. I have found a file called bookmarks.ini but it only lists a few and not all of the bookmarks I have accrued and as stated I have saved them all each time I've had to do the reinstall. For conversation sake I have been able to save and re-apply sav. game files, config files, other .ini files and my games and my documents so when I have to do reinstalls I can go back to where I left off but for some reason team speak has been a bear trying to put stuff back in and continue on. Please Advise. Thanks.
    Sam~

Seems as though I 'caught' an infraction by trying to find bookmarks in my directory. No one seems to know how to go about saving bookmarks to apply to new downloads and by that I mean I had to reinstall my OS and start all over again. I previously saved my complete directory but it did not apply the old bookmarks to the new TS install. What am I missing?

One response said to save my profile folder 'where I chose to put it when I did the initial install' tried it and it didn't apply the old bookmarks. Then someone decided to give me an infraction for the question. Whats up with that? I've read it several times and don't see where anything is out of line. Just a simple query on how to find and re-use old bookmarks.

Another thing your date and time system seems to be out of whack (never heard of in whack) but it has me posting six months in the future. Something is amiss fellas.

Question | How can I save my Favorites?

Heya.

I would like to know how I can save the favorites of my TeamSpeak 3-Client.
    The reason of that is 'cause I want to change my PC - and I got too much favorites to save them one by one.

I was looking on some sites in the web but suddenly I did not find what I wanted to get.
    Would you like to explain me a way of saving the favorites of TeamSpeak 3?

Greetings,
    Sovation | R'yue
    Last edited by dante696; November 2nd, 2015 at 08:32 AM. Reason: merged

Copy %AppData%\TS3Client\settings.db to the same location on the new system while TeamSpeak is not running on either system.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Copy %AppData%\TS3Client\settings.db to the same location on the new system while TeamSpeak is not running on either system.
    I'm having the same issue and have tried that with no luck, Even tried coping the entire folders over to no avail. Any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Search for ts3clientui_qt.secrets.conf or settings.db on your computer.
    This should find the path for you.
    Start the client once and then search for the files.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

File Location Question - Personal Settings/Bookmarks/Lists etc..???

Hello, I'm hoping someone can tell me please, where is the default location for the file that contains your personal TS settings, bookmarks, whisper lists etc..???

I need to uninstall TS3 to move it to a new drive but I Really don't want to set everything up again as I have a lot of things tweaked and edited.
    Appreciate any help,

Thanks
    Last edited by dante696; May 10th, 2016 at 01:07 PM. Reason: merged

%appdata%\TS3Client is the default path on Windows, where settings (settings.db) and identities, passwords (ts3clientui_qt.secrets.conf) are stored.
    Last edited by dante696; May 10th, 2016 at 01:49 PM. Reason: files added
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Question move ts3 friends to another PC

hello guys i need some help , im going to buy another PC and i dont want to lose my friends,bookmarks and all settings, so how i can move all to my new PC?
    Last edited by dante696; June 20th, 2016 at 07:28 AM. Reason: merged

Copy the settings.dg file in Appdata roaming/ts3client.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    %appdata%\TS3Client is the default path on Windows, where settings (settings.db) and identities, passwords (ts3clientui_qt.secrets.conf) are stored.
    Please Backup both files or the whole folder!
    Your client will lose all identies when you just copy the settings.db!

Thread Information