Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Only permitted full control of my TS while in the Foyer?

Why in the world am I only allowed, as the Server Admin, to only assign the full range of ranks, while I am sitting in the Foyer. I should as Server Admin, and the one paying for the TS site, be able to do anything I please in any of the channels I make. I am the one who made them. And frankly, since it is my money, I should be able to do anything I want - Period. There shouldn't be any restrictions on my assigning ranks or going into channels. What in the [email protected]@ is going on?

What in the [email protected]@ is going on?
    How the [email protected]@@ would i know ?

ok... lets chill... 1 2 3 3

Quote Originally Posted by Withers View Post
    Why in the world am I only allowed, as the Server Admin, to only assign the full range of ranks, while I am sitting in the Foyer. I should as Server Admin, and the one paying for the TS site, be able to do anything
    You should expose your question to the hoster or server renter that you are paying for.

or you could simply make sure to not give yourself channel groups and that, when making them, you remove the channel admin from yourself, which is likely limiting your permissions.
    Other option is to make sure your server admin group has the b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions permission assigned.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

So delete the channel groups that I never created and the issue goes away?

No, you can't do that.

What I said was to right click youself, permissions, channel groups of client -> Remove all
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

If you are renting a server and have had this weird setup from day one (well before you made any changes), it sounds fishy to me. It doesn't sound like a logical setup for any ATHP. Is your hoster listed here?

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    If you are renting a server and have had this weird setup from day one (well before you made any changes), it sounds fishy to me. It doesn't sound like a logical setup for any ATHP. Is your hoster listed here?
    No, my TS provider is not listed there. The provider I used to have is listed there but could not provide the kind of website support I needed. They also were constantly under assault such that we were thrown out of TS on a regular basis do to denial of service attacks every weekend.

It has been suggested that I have to enable b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions, however this is enabled: It does not work. I would like to repeat this b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions is enabled and does not work. I am not in spite of it being enabled allowed to, for instance, assign someone certain of my ranks while I am in the channels I created. The permissions changes I made were all in the values, I have touched no grant permissions. I posted the entire list and asked for assistance with it once before and while people looked at the post no one responded. So if the errors are in there, I have no idea.

While I am in channel I cannot assign ranks F-4, M-6, M-7, O-2, and up; yet I can still assign ranks O-1, M-5 through R-1, F-3 through F-1, and C-1. While I am in the default channel I can assign all of them.

Something I still don't know is if I allow someone to view server lists if they can change them or only see them. That is something that should be separate settings if it isn't.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thread Information