Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Unhappy Someone with lower than needed join power can join my channel

I have a channel on my server that requires 100 power to join it. One of my ranks has only 75 join power yet people in that rank are able to join the channel. What is wrong?

Channel I want to limit access to has "i_channel_needed_join_power" set to 100

Rank I want to limit has "i_channel_join_power" set to 75.

The server group that has the join power also has the b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions permission, which in turn makes any channel permissions non-existent.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Also, check the person's needed join power. That can essentially make any channel they go into only require them to have a lower amount of join power. For example if your channel has a needed join power of 75 and your friend only has 20 join power, if his needed join power is also at 20 it means he can get into any channels.

Quote Originally Posted by Morthawt View Post
    Also, check the person's needed join power. That can essentially make any channel they go into only require them to have a lower amount of join power. For example if your channel has a needed join power of 75 and your friend only has 20 join power, if his needed join power is also at 20 it means he can get into any channels.
    Only if the global skip is set, otherwise the group permission will be overridden.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Quote Originally Posted by Spacecraft View Post
    I have a channel on my server that requires 100 power to join it. One of my ranks has only 75 join power yet people in that rank are able to join the channel. What is wrong?
    When he joins the channel --> Right-click on him --> Permissions --> Permissions Overview --> In the filter field indicate join and probably you'll see what is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Only if the global skip is set, otherwise the group permission will be overridden.
    A global skip would do the same thing as I am saying but even more than that. I did not know this until someone and 1 TS staff mentioned this to me. If you put on a person's server group or channel group a needed join power of 20, for example, then every channel they try and enter will be treated as if they need 20 to access it and if they have 20 or higher power they will enter it, even if the channel is set to require 100 join power.

^^ What Morthawt said is true, the same goes for the i_channel_needed_description_view_power & i_channel_needed_subscribe_power, if you set the needed on the group to a lower value, as long as the group either has those 2 permissions skipped, or b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions enabled on the group, they will always override the value that you set on the channel.

Thread Information