Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Teamspeak for business plan (Possible ??)

I would like to create one server with several channels with only one user(admin type) per channel with permissions to speak (continuously).

I must have some type of “database” where I can manage clients(guest types) access. Each client can only access with one(and only one) instantiation to my server/group. (I think this can be done with guest-max-clones = 1 (?) or something like that.. )

If the client loses his permition key I must be able to edit his login credentials and provide a new key to him. I think this cam be done with a Invite only servers type (?).

Clients (guest from the list of users) cannot speak, write, poke, make complains create or modify anything. Clients can only listen and cannot interact in any way with anyone (all channels with permition to talk = 74 (under 75 only admins can speak)).

Clients (guest) can only enter (with only one instantiation) on some channels and can only listen what the user admin, of that channel, has to say.

Ideally guest clients should not see other guest clients. Clients(guest) should enter the group/server and see only the admins (that are the only ones with permission to speak). I saw this is not possible in team speak and was almost a showstopper for this business plan. To go around this problem my clients should have a user string (number) created by me to maximize confidentially between users of the service. (Also saw that is impossible to hide IPs and country flag… but I think I can live with that …)

Clients cannot have avatar images shown or any other information of their login (besides his nick number) shown (or edited). . Guest clients should only see the others users numbers (login), country flag and IP. Since is not possible to hide everything...

In resume : One of my clients buy me access to different channels l in my team speak server and I provide him the login number (that can be the only login shown inside teamspeak for that user) and password (or token-key) to enter the group. I also provide the passwords (that change every month) for the the different channels. My client enters the servers goes to the channel, he wants to listen, and only listen what one admin user has to say inside that channel. Clients should not know, or interact in any manner, with other clients.

Instead of protecting channels with passaword if it is possible to create a list of channels permited per user would be better.

last but not lest : to avoid interruptions in what the admin user of the channel has to say the warnings of users entering and leaving the channel should be off. Also , since it is impossible to hide guest users, the guest user can only see the users (the others numbers) inside of his channel...

Is this is possible ? I pay someone to configure a server with this properties for me.

Thanks in advance,

Mrwonderfoul

you can do most (if not all) of that if not with the default permissions then with a tool/bot which you can make with the various query APIs laying around the tools section on this forums or any programing language that supports TCP open/read/write

from your post and the idea of regularly changing passwords, user management etc.. and since its a serious business i would suggest you get a real system done for you like a Web based control panel done with the PHP Teamspeak Framework/API

the great thing about teamspeak is flexibility
    you can hide the IP by removing the permission "b_client_remoteaddress_view"
    you can disable avatars by setting "i_client_max_avatar_filesize" to 0

play around with the advanced permissions and you will find most of what you asked for and with the help of query tool you can automate most of your needs

Thanks,

I was reading some more and saw that is impossible to lock one nick to one user (lock one key to one nick number) -- or hide users since they will only listen. So people will recognise by foruns nicks and join to use one account and redistribute the signal for many people ... using another teamspeak. of course this is impossible to avoid but if the users were hidden would reduce this a lot... But Ok I will have to live with that :-) With TS2 I could give nicks as numbers impossible to change.

This TS3 is too complicated to setup ... I will need help for shore and I am a PhD in computer science lol Maybe I will ask you to try to setup this for me in the future :-) (and pay..)

For now, just to start trying to set up my test server, How can I prevent any user without Key to enter my server ?

It seams like users first enter the server and only then apply the key ... there is no way to only enter and apply key at the same time ?(with out option to enter and then apply key) (to prevent that users without key enter) If I give the server password to one user he can publish on the internet and make many guest go in reaching the limit number of users ... and good users, with paid accounts, will not be able to enter.. Iam right ?

And managing channels like : user with 'x' key can enter channel A , B an D and user with 'y' key can enter channel C,D and F ... is possible to do like this ?

About hiding the IP I did not know it was possible .. And the country flag will go out as well ? it would not be nice for user to know where the talking admin in the channel is in the world .. (EDIT: Ok the IP is hidden but the flag is there ...)

Thanks

PS : using keys instead of nick/password has much more disadvantages then advantages ... For what I have been reading on the forum ...
    Last edited by mrwonderfoul; September 2nd, 2014 at 09:09 PM.

PhD in computer science
    then you should know how to code :P

you can make it all automated with a bot and controlled from a web panel admin/user panel with username/password and keys like...:
    the user gets a key on his web user page with URI and token he click that URI joins the server if he got valid token he get asked for his key by the Bot via private message if the key is valid the bot registers his UID and do the rest

if its a random user who got the password somewhere he wont have a token so you can set the server/Bot to kick the who everjoined the server with no valid token etc..

my research is more about IA (mainly I code in Java) not internet coding or teamspeak coding ... If I have to code for this I prefer to ask someone to do and pay.

... going back to the subject ..

My clients should send me one email saying I want to listen A,B,C Channels.

Then I verify the payment

and then the client should receive one email with the :
    username
    key
    serverort

Then the client go to teamspeak client enter this data and go in and only access the granted channels. As simple as that.

So far I can not see my self doing this with teamspeak.

This thread is just to know if it is possible and have some more insight (people can say it is possible just for saying... I need to be sure before I go ahead) Having some simple test server running to see it working as I want would be nice. Maybe I will send you a prvate msg to see if you can set up this for me (?) I also send you the server password and all that where I am testing Ok ? ...
    Last edited by mrwonderfoul; September 3rd, 2014 at 01:27 AM.

my research is more about IA (mainly I code in Java)
    you mean AI right?
    JTS3ServerQuery Java Server Query Library

anyway back on subject... depends on how many channels and clients you going to have ?
    it is possible but the problem is in the management

Then the client go to teamspeak client enter this data and go in and only access the granted channels. As simple as that.
    the simple fix would be 1 channel group with join power and URI with tokens

as for the help sure i can give it a go

yes AI (in Portuguese is IA Inteligencia Artificial -the other way- :-) ... NNs and SVM applied to market time series predictions... In Java I work a lot with encog, RapidMind and weka.. and Markets API)

... about team speak ... that is a completely different project:

I will have about 4 main channels (4 countries...) and in each channel about 10 subchannels.

On each subchannel there will be one user with continuous talk. Every client will go there just to listen.

If I have 200 users total would be great.

I think I can do the management manual... If I have a table of users .. or something like that.. Or some simple java program that tells me every day what users should I give/remove permissions.

OK nice that you are able to help ! I really need it on this ! I have to go out now but when I came back I will send you my email skype and all that to give you my teamspeak access. And see what can we do.

Nice!

Hello Ahmed,

I have send an email from here with my skype and email.

for those who seek similar setup i went on the OP's server and did few tests for him

to ensure only the clients can join we used the invite only server method more info

and for channels access it can be done easily with 1 server group with "i_channel_join_power" and lock the channel with similar "i_channel_needed_join_power"

so everything he asked for is possible
    the only not possible part was hiding flags and hiding users in the same channel

For the hiding flags and users you would probably have to go with a custom solution.. which means getting your hands in the teamspeak 3 sdk....

I don't know how appealing this is for you, if you are ok with clients having to get a separate ts3 client to connect then it is fine.

Thread Information