Forum

Channel Groups destroy Server Group Permissions?

Apparently by having channel groups on my TS server, groups that the installation of the TS created - not me, I keep getting my permissions as Server Admin limited or destroyed by going into one of my own channels. This to me is insanity. I am paying for the server. I created the TS. I am the one who got the original key code for My TS.

Why on earth would I want the channels to have more power than I have, to restrict my power, to limit my access, etc. I should be able to go any place I want, do anything I want, be anyplace I want. The only reason anyone would have to keep me out of one of my own channels is if they were doing something immoral or illegal. In either case I reserve the right to remove them from my TS and/or report them to the proper authorities. So why should I, the Server Admin, have any restrictions on my actions or authority anyplace in my TS?

Confused,

Whithers

In the hierarchy of TeamSpeak Channel Groups will override Server Groups, but you as Server Admin should have the permission b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions enabled to prevent this.

Quote Originally Posted by Istalantar View Post
    In the hierarchy of TeamSpeak Channel Groups will override Server Groups, but you as Server Admin should have the permission b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions enabled to prevent this.
    I have checked and b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions is enabled and does not apparently work. Unless I am in the foyer, 20 of the 36 server groups are grayed out such that I cannot assign them.

Thread Information