Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

How to disable automatic voice gain control?

Automatic voice gain control on my Android device does not work correctly and makes my voice too loud and unclean regardless of the headset I use. How can I disable it?

TeamSpeak Support, is there such possibility?

Quote Originally Posted by c0m4r View Post
    Automatic voice gain control on my Android device does not work correctly and makes my voice too loud and unclean regardless of the headset I use. How can I disable it?
    You could try adjusting the "Record" options in the app Audio Settings:
    Settings --> Audio settings --> In "Record" try selecting the different options ('Music' or 'Voice call') and also modifying the frequency --> "Save" (the action is applied and you haven't to restart the app)

Clients AGC can not deactivated with the latest version, but we will add this for internal testings and will deciede if this becomes a new optional setting in one of the next updates.

Old tests showed us, that AGC deactivated only brang bad voice quality. This was the reason, why we force this to be enabled.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by PotaBlava View Post
    You could try adjusting the "Record" options in the app Audio Settings:
    Settings --> Audio settings --> In "Record" try selecting the different options ('Music' or 'Voice call') and also modifying the frequency --> "Save" (the action is applied and you haven't to restart the app)
    Thank you for the advice, but I already knew about it. It doesn't solve the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Clients AGC can not deactivated with the latest version, but we will add this for internal testings and will deciede if this becomes a new optional setting in one of the next updates.

Old tests showed us, that AGC deactivated only brang bad voice quality. This was the reason, why we force this to be enabled.
    I'm currently using TS3 on Android only when I really need it. I'm not able to use it just for an ordinary conversation, because my friends can't stand the noise that it generates. The AGC boost is too loud here. If I was able set it up myself, this would be much easier to solve this problem.

Hello, what's the status of this feature? You don't have to disable AGC for everyone. Just let power users the possibility to customize AGC settings. I would love to use TS3 on my Android phone with headset, but people can't stand the noise that AGC generates.

Would like to see that as well. The IOS client has that feature already. Plus the Multi Server Connect is requested by a lot of users

AGC for Mic.

Hallo,

i'm wondering is there a AGC menu for the Mic. so that it is possible to switch off the AGC in the Teamspeak App for Android like in the iOS App??

Greeting from Sweden

Thread Information